Any thoughts on Wonder Woman (the movie)?

Home Forums Off Topic Any thoughts on Wonder Woman (the movie)?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Tyra1958 Tyra1958 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Well considering the amount of discussion on the topic of SJWs vs Wonder Woman’s armpits (it did expanded to more than just that) and the fact that Wonder Woman has finally come out, I figured we might as well start talking about the actual movie now.
    For those of you who go by Rotten Tomatoes, Wonder Woman is not only the first DCEU movie to get a fresh score on the site but also has a very high score of 94% as of now, and it does appear that audience score is about equal.
    As for myself, I enjoyed the movie for the most part, while most of my criticisms concern nitpicky details. Overall I felt this was a solid solo movie (and it is a solo movie, not a commercial for sequels).
    However, what do y’all think? Does the movie deserves the praise it is getting? Was it worth the wait for Wonder Woman to get her own movie? Was it to similar too a Marvel movie, or does it distinguish itself from the other superhero movies?

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

One thing I will say is that the villain’s reveal was a little to sudden.

Tyra1958
    Tyra1958
    Participant

Honestly, as much as I appreciated the movie, especially the backdrop of WWI, I thought that they still pushed the idea of “good v. evil” (such as one of Steve’s opening lines). The best line about how WWI featured a blurring of morality was a simple throw-away line by the German generals. Also, the ending could have been a little less… preachy and … but given the quality of the film overall, it was still a fantastic film, and hopefully might begin a wave of higher quality D.C. films.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.