Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition Trailer

Home Forums Off Topic Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition Trailer

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Here it is, the trailer for the Extended Cut of BVS with 30 minutes of new footage that extends the story and possibly resolve some of the issues from the theatrical version.

Will it make or break the film? Looks like we have to wait till next month to find out.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Well, the film is broken already; I think a more appropriate question is “Will it break the film even more”?

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Well, the film is broken already; I think a more appropriate question is “Will it break the film even more”?

*sigh* I know that the superhero movie bandwagon is getting more predictable than ever before.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Hey, maybe in that missing 30 minutes they’ll make Batman less of a homicidal psychopath, give Superman some likability, give Lex Luthor some character and real motivation to orchestrate this fight, and give Lois Lane some closure on her “Superman shot first” quest?

But I doubt. The entire movie is design by committee, and still over-stuffed after being placed in run-timie triage.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Hey, maybe in that missing 30 minutes they’ll make Batman less of a homicidal psychopath, give Superman some likability, give Lex Luthor some character and real motivation to orchestrate this fight, and give Lois Lane some closure on her “Superman shot first” quest?

But I doubt. The entire movie is design by committee, and still over-stuffed after being placed in run-timie triage.

Considering the project began way back in the 90’s, it was doomed from the start and WB/DC should have just let them made MOS 2 first.

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

At this point, DC should cancel it’s current continuity & just try to do Teen Titans or Young Justice at this point. The DC continuity is too grim dark to be fun & to fantastical to be taken seriously. You can do dark Batman, you can’t do a dark version of “The Justice League”. Something with such a cheesy name can’t be dark. The tone won’t work, the tone hasn’t work, the tone will never work.

I think they should move onto Teen Titans or Young Justice so they can start having a little fun & make some drama that isn’t “The world is ending”. Plus DC could probably really relate to the “I want to get out of someone else’s shadow” theme quite a lot at this point. You shouldn’t start with a world ending threat in your cinematic universe, cause then you have no where else to go from there.

DC main hero lineup is also kind of a bunch of Mary Sues. Their weaknesses come down to one single Achilles heel which it’s effectiveness being extremely… variable, to say the least. Young heroes with weaker powers & less emotional maturity seem to capture the multifaceted stories we want.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I personally think that DC should stay focused on it’s TV shows. Arrow and The Flash were amazing; and I would like to see more TV shows from that same universe.

Something with such a cheesy name can’t be dark.

I don’t know. If I were some guy from the 70’s and you told me that the boogie dancing, cheerie, corny, Adam West-ish Batman would become into one of the darkest superhero films out there; I’d never believe you. From one point, I can sort of see how the JLA could be tuned into a darker tone; but it’s something that would take A LOT of films to do, and not only that; but there would have to be changes within the source material as well.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

New trailer showcasing bits of new footage:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.