CCS Fourm members Livestream follow-up

Home Forums Off Topic CCS Fourm members Livestream follow-up

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by MachinizerXS MachinizerXS 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

I just wanted to say I enjoyed hanging out with you guys on the first-ever CCS Fourm members Livestream. As much as I love the Patreon streams, I was nice having new people and you guys brought some good topics. I hope there will be more of these in the future even if it’s just once a year or so.

Anyways, what did you guys think of the whole experience? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

I just wish more of you guys could have made it but conflicting schedules/priorities are understandable.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

CineMax
    CineMax
    Participant

Another WildCards livestream for the forum members is certainly not off the table.

However, if we are going to do another one, we’ll need to know for sure that more people will definitely show up. And if that’s the case, we might just make it exclusive to the forum members, as opposed to having both Patreon supporters and forum people like last time.

The first forum members stream ran nearly for 3 hours due to the amount of people involved. Even with the 15 minutes/person time limit introduced, it’d still be a ridiculously long affair if we are to have both camps of people in at once.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

However, if we are going to do another one, we’ll need to know for sure that more people will definitely show up. And if that’s the case, we might just make it exclusive to the forum members, as opposed to having both Patreon supporters and forum people like last time.

But aren’t the Patreon members also members of the CCS forums? I ask cause the same people who are Patreon members also use the forums like Kahuna Drake and Jakob Morris. Also, if more people might come for another potential livestream, why not make a livestream that lasts for 3 days, so that way more members who missed the first day can have plenty of chance to talk to you guys and better yet, we can make like a roundtable of many members discussing issues with one another for some potential discussions (kinda like the livestreams YMS does for his Patreon supporters). While this sounds like a heavy amount of work to do, I think it could improve from the first livestream by having more interaction and banter with one another that improves the dynamics of certain discussions but that’s just me throwing my ideas for the follow-up and I’m sure you guys will make it work the second time around.

The first forum members stream ran nearly for 3 hours due to the amount of people involved. Even with the 15 minutes/person time limit introduced, it’d still be a ridiculously long affair if we are to have both camps of people in at once.

I’d say still keep the 15 minute mark or I guess just up the minutes in case the discussions are interesting like you did in the previous livestream but it is understandable that the more people come to the livestream, the longer it becomes and hence why I offer the 3-day livestream idea in case you can’t do it all in one day.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

That’s fair. There wasn’t a lot of forum-only members this round and if there is more next time, a restricted stream would prevent over-crowding.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

That’s fair. There wasn’t a lot of forum-only members this round and if there is more next time, a restricted stream would prevent over-crowding.

The livestream didn’t get that overcrowded minus the comment section but yeah, I think that’s a good idea too.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

But aren’t the Patreon members also members of the CCS forums?

Some but not everyone. I see Duke, Classic Jake, Nu-Jake, and Natalie on here but I can’t think of any other Patreon-er that’s on here.

why not make a livestream that lasts for 3 days, so that way more members who missed the first day can have plenty of chance to talk to you guys and better yet, we can make like a roundtable of many members discussing issues with one another for some potential discussions (kinda like the livestreams YMS does for his Patreon supporters). While this sounds like a heavy amount of work to do, I think it could improve from the first livestream by having more interaction and banter with one another that improves the dynamics of certain discussions but that’s just me throwing my ideas for the follow-up and I’m sure you guys will make it work the second time around.

Not sure on a 3-day stream but I agree if time is an issue, we can bring in 2 or 3 people at once for brevity. Then forum members can converse with one another on a certain topic.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@kahunadrake That’s the idea. : )

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

The livestream didn’t get that overcrowded

The longest Patreon stream I remember was around 2 hrs. This one was about 3 hrs. If all Patreon/forum people showed up to this one, we could have been streaming into midnight/early morning.

People gotta sleep, yo lol.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

The longest Patreon stream I remember was around 2 hrs. This one was about 3 hrs. If all Patreon/forum people showed up to this one, we could have been streaming into midnight/early morning.

People gotta sleep, yo lol.

I remember at least 5 or 6 people in the livestream with the CCS crew including myself. Maybe I missed it somehow?

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

I remember at least 5 or 6 people in the livestream with the CCS crew including myself. Maybe I missed it somehow?

You’re probably right but I was just saying, hypothetically, if more showed up it would be overwhelming (unless we do multiple members at once).

Maybe I’m just repeating myself lol. I promised to go to bed at a decent hour but it’s 2:30 a.m. and I’m still typing smh

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

0megablaster
    0megablaster
    Participant

I think the whole thing went pretty well. My stuff could have been a little bit better. But Hey! It was my first shot and it went better than some of the others. (Not gonna call out names but does someones camera being on sound familiar?)
    The Forum member livestream has a lot of potential as long as it stays under control and fair for everyone who wants to talk.

I know I’ll be ready for the next one! I’ll be getting a better mic soon and I’m going to fix my connection issues too.
    So there will be no more holding back from me XD So you all better get ready!

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I’ll definitely try not to miss the next one! REALLY wanted to meet you guys.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

MachinizerXS
    MachinizerXS
    Participant

I missed the live stream myself, but I’ll definitely be there for the next one. From the snippet in the wild cards episode though sounds like it was a great time. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.