Change.Org Petition to Suspend Social Justice Activities on College Campuses

Home Forums Off Topic Change.Org Petition to Suspend Social Justice Activities on College Campuses

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Shinra Kuroki Shinra Kuroki 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Maybe it’s because I live South of the Twin Cities or maybe it’s dumb luck, but I’m happy to say that I haven’t had to deal too much with the idiocy of SJWs where I go to school–probs because I go to a tech school, no a lib arts college, but that’s not here or there.

I’ll be frank: I’m not against social change, you want to eliminate cultural biases? Go for it. But the world’s not gonna halt and bend over for anyone’s demands. Change requires effort, it requires time, it requires patience, and it requires compromise. In all likelihood that old adage rings true, the more things change, the more they stay the same. CRA’s going on 50 and there is still problems with discrimination, if not against the color of a person’s skin then against their sexual or religious orientation; says I as a registered, if not practicing, reformist Catholic.

SJWs don’t want better for others, they want better for themselves. They want their pockets filled and–in the majority of cases–own pages in history books because they have finally grasped the horrors of their own futile existence in whatever vacuous, hollow life they live has caught up with them and are desperately trying to carve some meaning out of it. It’s sad and ultimately as destructive as any substance addiction. Hipsters notwithstanding, those guys are just fucking weird.

But that’s enough of my grade standing. Linkety:
    https://www.change.org/p/universities-suspend-social-justice-in-universities?lang=en-GB

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

I was writing a topic to post here, but I couldn’t find the right words so it just stayed as an open tab for a few days. Here are some important questions people need to ask themselves while contemplating this petition.

What is the purpose of college?
    What is the limits of the definition of non-government enforced censorship?
    Should students be subjected to the SJW definition of racism & forced to answer it as correct on tests?
    What proactive steps should be taken to stop indoctrination, especially of highly suggestible people?

I had to take a Race & Racism class for my degree & my teacher was a SJW. He even used the racism equals power plus prejudice definition of racism, which is a racist definition of racism. I ended up ditching that class except for exams. I got a really bad grade in the class, but that was mostly because I was going though some pretty bad depression at the time. I shouldn’t make excuses, but I definitely feel like people (myself included) shouldn’t have to betray their conscious & put wrong answers to pass a class necessary to graduate.

If I was going to try and dislodge the SJW veneer in academia, I wouldn’t target it by name. I would just start publishing the expected wages by major. I would publicize just how poor an investment a degree in social justice is. The free market needs information exchange to work. This information will decimate SJW degree programs if delivered effectively.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.