Conning people out of their money with boob pictures

Home Forums Off Topic Conning people out of their money with boob pictures

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by V-Tundra V-Tundra 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

As a gay man, I am very judgmental of my hetero counter parts. Watching the antics & strange behavior of heterosexual men is like a gay national pass time. So, today was very happening on twitter. Today, it was officially confirmed that a Twitter user Allison Prime was in fact a man, by himself. Allegations & evidence to his deception came to light over this week prior to him finally confessing & asking for forgiveness.

Now, what made this story a complete snafu is that a few days ago, Allison posted a GoFundMe page (enlisting the help of pro-GG twitter users) to help raise money for ‘her’ & ‘her’ family to use, since their house burned down. Currently it seems that the fire was not a lie, that he & his family are basically homeless right now. Also, the Allison Prime account has been part of GG for more than a year & has used the sister hashtag NotYourShield claiming he was a women representative of women in gaming. Other lies he made up to flesh out his female persona is that ‘she’ was a cancer savior, lost ‘her’ uterus due to the cancer, & was a victim of physical abuse. Also, ‘she’ apparently had a boyfriend who paid to fly her out to meet in person, only to cancel at the last minuet.

When faced with allegations, he claimed that ‘she’ had in fact used other people’s pictures & that ‘her’ brother had used ‘her’ twitter years ago to help deal with his grief of losing ‘their’ father. ‘She’ could also not produce vocal or video/picture proof of being a women because she didn’t have a camera to do so. People quickly called balderdash, stating that all she needed to do was barrow a phone or internet connected device. After mounting evidence, he finally came clear on twitter with a tweet longer confessing to being male.

Now this news came as a heavy blow to people involved with GG. Many feel that his fund raising under the alias Allison Prime was fraudulent & a complete con. Others are still very sympathetic to him, due to a mixture of his participation in GG. the fact men’s charities tend to not get as much attention as those for women, & the fact his house burned down (along with two family dogs). It’s been a very charged debate. No word about if refunds to the charity will be offered or if legal recourse will be taken.

Some in GG, especially the very pedantic & anon culture worshipping zealots know as GGr, say this hoodwink is signs of GG being no better than SJWs/Anti-GG in some ways & the need to return to just being what I can only described as an anon outrage culture. They believe that allowing people to make a reputation off GG or use GG to fundraiser for charities is bad, that working on GG’s public image is an impossible feat when taking on the media, even if it’s just the gaming media. They predict someone would try to use GG for a quick scam & now they are vindicated, if only on their Nostradamus/eventuality prediction.

Others are using this debacle to raise awareness of some people’s inherent bias against men. There are many ways that men get really shifted in our society when it comes to charity. It’s not just men’s personal charities that get over looked, many men’s issues are too. There is a complete lack of victim shelters for men of sexual abuse & domestic abuse. Cancers that effect primarily men receive a fraction of donations than cancers that effect women primarily. Men are more likely to find themselves sleeping in the streets. And people think we live in a patriarchy.

Some are just pointing and laughing.

Me, I’m just going to move on. I’m glad no one else is donating money under false pretenses. Remember never to date someone from the internet unless you video chat &/or talk on the phone. Without those, they’re just letters of text on your computer. For all you know, I could be a cat ^-^

Can I haz cheeseburger now?

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I really don’t know what to say about this, except that this could be a perfect example of “men” cyber-discrimination. Do some people really have to pose as women to get attention or help? It’s a bit depressing, really.

Though true to that online-dating thing. I once was in a long-distance relationship with a girl from England, we skype’d, called and texted each other; it lasted for a long time. So one of my friends decided to try out the internet girlfriend thing and before we knew it, he was dating a 45 year old guy from Azerbaijan.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.