Disney is doing what?!

Home Forums Off Topic Disney is doing what?!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Shinra Kuroki Shinra Kuroki 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Why Is Disney CEO Bob Iger Asking His Employees For Money?

Trying to bring back SOPA to destroy piracy and asking employes to pay Iger for protection of their properties despite the top executives having enough billions of cash to pay for protection themselves. This reminds me of the wage-fixing issue during the After Hours podcast with Katie and LaughingMan

What the fuck is going on at Disney?

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

I’m afraid Bob Iger and the executives of Disney have become spiritually impoverished and fallen into the evil paths.

0megablaster
    0megablaster
    Participant

Isn’t this illegal?

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Isn’t this illegal?

No it’s not, and from their point of view it could be very beneficial to them. Every time some one pirates a movie, a song, a show; that’s lost revenue. Sure Disney is a big company with large pockets, but a lot of the money is invested back in their company. You don’t just sit onto of your revenue, you reinvest it into making more new stuff. That lost revenue could lead to down sizing, cutting experimental projects of new IPs, &/or keeping Disney’s payroll funds static (no promotions & no new employees). The best way to have job security is to make sure your business continues to do well (or in this case, their department/studio).

Now don’t get me wrong, SOPA like legislation is clearly a cure that is far worse than the disease. Politicians can’t help but add authoritarian like clauses to it, cause they know how much artists and companies want to stop piracy. Never let a good crisis go to waste. Think how far spread piracy is and think how much $$$ that is costing businesses. That means companies like Disney will keep lobbying for SOPA till either piracy slows down to the point it isn’t costing them as much as lobbying for SOPA-esque bills or they get an actual SOPA-esque bill passed.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.