Facebook's Alleged Algorithm Problems

Home Forums Off Topic Facebook's Alleged Algorithm Problems

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Shinra Kuroki Shinra Kuroki 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

So Facebook is coming under many allegations of censoring conservatives by weighting their algorithms against conservative issues. It’s rather terrifying idea considering how much power and influence Facebook has. Facebook has also agreed to help the EU by coming down hard on hate speech on Facebook… strangely enough, a lot of that “hate speech” is also pro-leave (voting for the UK to leave the EU). They have also refused to take down assassinate Trump pages, even though they violate quite a few terms of service. I have also seen prominent conservative voices have their pro-Trump comments removed for “hate speech”.

This all seems rather Big Brother-ish to me. Facebook is pushing really hard for the left & it has left me wanting for a new social media site that isn’t so pro-censorship. You know, one that doesn’t shove it’s politics down my throat. I’m just saying it’s probably about time Facebook went the way of MySpace & disappear into the ephemera of the internet already. I’m not even sure if the algorithm is biased against conservative (I don’t have the coding knowledge to perform or fact check a study done on Facebook’s algorithm), but the writing is on the wall at this point. Facebook data mining me is fine (I like having ads that I might actually be interested in), but pushing it’s agenda onto people is not cool. The second I see a better alternative, I’m deactivating my account post haste.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

**Non-Partisan Political Rant Incoming**

*** Full Disclaimer, my political ideologies are very similar to that of Libertarian candidate John McAfee.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, but use the greatest invention ever created -the Internet- and do your own research ***

In all fairness Facebook should reserve the right to feature whatever they want, PROVIDED their bias is transparent to their consumers. Nevertheless it is very disturbing when such allegations come to light regarding these practices on a platform that holds an active bias without the public’s knowledge. If I go to Salon.com or Breitbart.com, I know which way the political wind is blowing.

But it just goes to show the extent of the corporate media’s influence on the public consciousness, and the directions that they try to push and pull us like shepherds.

Previously, Ron Paul was notoriously blacklisted in the media (especially Fox News) during the 2012 race for the Republican nomination. The ultimate irony was that the rules that were used to keep Ron Paul out of being eligible as a Republican Presidential candidate backfired and were exactly what got Donald Trump the nomination.
    http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/03/16/gidley-political-jihad-will-erupt-if-gop-changes-rules-to-steal-nomination-from-trump/

Presently, news outlets like CNN have been actively pushing for Bernie Sanders to drop out of the Democratic Race likely because they’ve historically given Hillary hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign donations.
    http://theantimedia.org/crony-hillary-clinton/
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-hanley/money-talks-why-cnn-wants_b_8313536.html

More so, you have Hollywood “pretenders” (I refuse to call them ‘actors’ anymore because all they do is pretend to actually DO shit like be doctors, soldiers or astronauts) publicly badmouthing candidates and bullying their supporters, throwing fund-raisers for THEIR candidate of choice, and then immediately complaining about “we need to get the 1%’s money out of politics”

YOU’RE THE 1%, FUCKHEAD!!

Ladies and Gents, as Shinra Kuroki said in the #TrumpLivesMatter forum (http://cheshirecatstudios.com/topic/trumplivesmatter/#post-6797 ) “Question everything, don’t let bias blind you to the truth, & don’t get trapped inside an echo chamber.”
    We live in the age of the Internet, the greatest exchange of open ideas (and open secrets) that the world has ever seen. In my 30 years, the media manipulation is becoming more and more transparent thanks to the open and free exchange of ideas via the Internet, and I believe this is largely why there’s so much discourse among the public’s perception of corporate involvement in politics. That includes the potential backlash against Facebook’s alleged bias in picking and choosing what the BILLIONS of registered users get to see.

Make no mistake, the USA is no longer a democracy or a representative republic. It’s an oligarchy. Companies buy politicians and use the corporate media to sway the public’s political favor:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

And in that realization the two major parties are more unpopular than ever, and both sides are fracturing from the public’s disdain for the status quo and wanting something different:

I’ll end my rant on media bias with John McAfee lambasting the Libertarians with a dose of political reality regarding REAL change:

As far as Facebook, it needs the same amount of political outrage regarding their practices, OR at least make it clear to people what that bias may be. And thanks to the free exchange of knowledge via Internet, we may get just that.

… Either that, or we get the next wave of political corruption:
    https://www.rt.com/usa/340608-hillary-clinton-social-media/

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

^
    *Standing Ovation*

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

HOOOOOLY Shit….. If you think that Facebook’s algorithms are biased, check out Google:

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

^ Dude… That’s just wrong on so many levels.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

@ the Hillary Google thing? I know… But AGAIN, the Internet brings untruths and deception to the public’s eye. That’s why the Internet, as horrible and inane as it can be at times, MUST remain open and free to ALL information.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@ the Hillary Google thing? I know… But AGAIN, the Internet brings untruths and deception to the public’s eye. That’s why the Internet, as horrible and inane as it can be at times, MUST remain open and free to ALL information.

Agreed.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

More info on Hillary in bed with Google from WikiLeaks:
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/google-works-closely-with-hillary-clinton-to-promote-presidential-campaign-julian-assange-34780998.html

Well, I’m terrified already. If she gets more votes because of this, we are basically fucked if it works.

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

I just saw the news of Google also being in bed with the Hill Dog, but LaughingMan scooped it from me already.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.