Favorite Twilight Zone episodes?

Home Forums Off Topic Favorite Twilight Zone episodes?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by KahunaDrake KahunaDrake 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Don’t know why I am doing this but just something on my mind.

I used to fall asleep to this show (the original, not the remakes) when I was younger so I don’t remember a whole lot of episodes lol

Anyways my top 2:

The Hunt: A tale of a man and his best friend. Not even the Devil can fool a dog.

Five Characters in Search of an Exit: Great tension. Also, dat ending.

What are your favorites?

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

I used to like the remakes and shows like “The Outter Limits” when I was growing up. I probably can’t even tell you if these are from are actual Twilight Zone eps or from similar shows, but these were the two episodes I saw that really stuck with me.

The first one was about a block of a large city that get teleported off of the Earth to some unknown place. It turns out to be a test ground to see if humans would be suitable slaves to a species that no longer does physical labor any more. One of the people ends up going to another biome with another alien species there being also subjected to the same test. She contracts a virus, and then when the people learn of the alien plot, they willingly sacrifice themselves in order to make the aliens think that humans are not going to be able to be good slaves to them.

The other one I just saw the ending to. Some alien monster was on a space craft and the last astronuat standing decided to blow up the ship rather than risk unleashing the alien monster upon the human populace. I used the ending quote from the episode a lot, “The true test of a hero, is if they’ll do the right thing, even if no one will ever know about it” or something like that.

Sorry if my memories are off, which they probably are.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Yeah, Tales from the Crypt and Tales from the Darkside were other shows with a similar set-up but more morbid/horror-oriented. Freddy’s Nightmares was another based off of The Nightmare on Elm Street series yet had little to do with the films themselves.

Yeah, I don’t recognize the plots you described but I guess that’s faded memories for ya. Thanks for sharing!

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.