Female Ghostbusters trailer is here… And it's fucking awful

Home Forums Off Topic Female Ghostbusters trailer is here… And it's fucking awful

This topic contains 90 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Can I puke my depression now?

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

Had to listen to the original theme song to cleanse myself

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

SJWs on Twitter are calling it racist. They say it’s something to do with the black woman not being a professor. So now their target demographic is lobbing charges of racism at it. At this rate, the only people who are going to see this train wreck is YouTube & eCeleb movie reviewers, just to tell us how poor of an investment it is/was.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

SJWs on Twitter are calling it racist. They say it’s something to do with the black woman not being a professor. So now their target demographic is lobbing charges of racism at it. At this rate, the only people who are going to see this train wreck is YouTube & eCeleb movie reviewers, just to tell us how poor of an investment it is/was.

They don’t say? Geez, these people are fucking hypocrites… No wonder this reboot exists.

Attachments:

Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

UGH! I Mean, what else can I say about that? It is awful. How in anyone in their right mind think that the humor in the trailer is funny? Speaking of SJW crap, even the director Paul Feig was criticized for his all female ghostbuster reboot as ‘vile, misogynistic shit.’ An article by USA TODAY ‘5 times the new ‘Ghostbusters’ trailer destroyed the patriarchy.’ Come on! it’s just a gimmick. Even Ernie Hudson himself thinks it’s a bad idea. “If there’s none of the original guys in it, how exactly is it a Ghostbusters movie?” Just as CineMax and LaughingMan touched upon it in the The Superhero Movie Bubble is Bursting podcast. This will probably be the most polarizing movie in the midst of a culture war in America.

There are some movies that should never be touched.

CineMax
    CineMax
    Participant

SJWs on Twitter are calling it racist. They say it’s something to do with the black woman not being a professor. So now their target demographic is lobbing charges of racism at it.

Further proof that you mustn’t waste your time trying to appease a group of people who’s only raison d’etre is to be perpetually offended about everything.

Although, I like the fact that they complain about the black woman’s portrayal in the movie yet not a single word has been said about Chris Hemsworth being there just for female eye-candy. Now, do I personally care? No. The same way I wouldn’t care about an attractive woman being cast in a James Bond movie just to be the main character’s ONS.

HOWEVER: Given how many hoops a female character has to jump through to receive the feminist stamp of approval (Bechtel Test, anyone?), it is a bit hypocritical that feminists are A-okay with male characters being assigned a similar role in fiction.

But hey, that’s Tumblr for you. Thousands upon thousands of rants about how Fictional Female Character X is an unrealistic portrayal of a woman created solely for the pleasure of male viewers, followed by at least twice as much fawning over male hunks like Thor, Loki, Star Lord, Doctor Who (especially the 10th one), etc.

Just as CineMax and LaughingMan touched upon it in the The Superhero Movie Bubble is Bursting podcast. This will probably be the most polarizing movie in the midst of a culture war in America.

Actually, I fear that the opposite might happen. The movie comes out, it tanks… and then its poor critical and commercial reception is blamed solely on everyone’s favorite scapegoat: sexism. Thus the movie becomes a martyr of sorts that ushers in a new era of gender-bending fiction.

Marvel: “Here’s a Female Thor movie just to show how progressive we are!”
    Fox: “Here’s a female Wolverine (X23) movie to show that girls can be just as tough!”
    Sony: “Here’s an female (Wo)Men In Black movie!” and so on and so forth.

There is already a noticeable rift between how the general public views the movie and how the MSM wants people to perceive it:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ghostbusters-Trailer-Funny-Awesome-Watch-It-Now-116017.html

I usually advocate against reading the comments on articles, but in this case it’s a must.

If we had the same exact trailer but with Adam Sandler and his friends instead, you would rip this trailer apart. Scared to be honest. Pathetic!

^ TRUTH ^

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Oh dear god, I didn’t think it was gonna be THAT bad…

When I first heard they were changing the entire cast to women, I was pissed. When I heard it was to promote this pseudo-feminism wave, I was angry. When I heard that none of the original cast members where gonna be in it, I was furious but this…

Now I can state that now I don’t only hate the film for taking an iconic franchise and twist into some bland free promo for pseudo-feminism, but because it’s painfully unfunny. And I’d like for someone to tell me if this is a sequel or a reboot because despite being called a reboot, it still takes place 30 years after the first one.

This is just… it’s painful to watch, it’s painful to hear, it’s painful to even acknowledge this exists; that’s all I can say about this movie, it’s pain. This can be literally be used as a torture device.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Guys, I think this is gonna get a lot worst..

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I don’t believe this, I just don’t believe this. Paul Feig, THE Paul Feig is not only writing something THIS bad; but he’s insulting people with different opinions. It’s just pathetic, Michael Bay doesn’t even do that. Just stop and think that for a second: Michael bay has more dignity than Paul Feig. Michael Bay, the guy responsible 2 of the most stereotypical, racist and insensitive characters on a film has more dignity than Paul Feig. the guy who was nominated 2 Emmy awards.

I just don’t believe this. This guy directed Spy and Bridesmaids which are 2 great recent comedies, and yet because of people telling him he’s making an unfunny movie when he is making an unfunny movie; he’s lashing out? This guy is pretty pathetic, to say the least.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

`

Marvel: “Here’s a Female Thor movie just to show how progressive we are!”
    Fox: “Here’s a female Wolverine (X23) movie to show that girls can be just as tough!”

That already happened. It was called FROZEN, Cinderella (2015), Snow White and the Hunstman, Maleficent and the unnecessary upcoming Mulan live action remake from Disney that B-Mask will be pissed off for it’s existence.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Michael bay has more dignity than Paul Feig.

Well, considering Bridesmaid and Spy are the worst fucking comedies I ever sit through (I really hate them), It’s no surprise Feig’s denial on the abusive relationship going on with the film and how the majority of the cast would rather commit suicide than promote the film since Amy Pascal (female CEO at SONY. Let that sink in) is shoving this hip reboot down our throats.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Bridesmaids and Spy got very good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, which is why I’m astonished Feig is resorting to shoving the Ghostbusters reboot up the arse to everyone. I just don’t get it. Is it THAT bad the director has to shove and deny any initial thoughts on the film just to make it “less worse”? It’s just confusing as hell. Not only that, but Sony deleting negative comments on the YouTube trailer is just fucking cringe-worthy. It’s despicable.

Maybe it’s a sign that the movie is going down the drain, I wouldn’t be surprised if it got cancelled before releasing it on cinemas. Might as well save all that money.

Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

Here’s more.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Who wants more pandering?

Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

Wow! And I thought it couldn’t even go down further down the inferno, but this new trailer proved that Ghostbusters has just went all the way down to the ninth circle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.