Feminists Hate Science that doesn't support their World views

Home Forums Off Topic Feminists Hate Science that doesn't support their World views

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Nat Nat 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

I will admit I do not know much about Evolutionary Psychology except that it is a theoretical approach to explain psychological/behavioral traits as rooted in evolutionary adaptation.

However, its seems that feminists find it highly sexist.

Based on a recent study from Penn State that female serial killers are more likely to murder for resources (gathering) and male serial killers tend to have some sexual/domination factors in their killings (hunting).

Now look at the reactions on Jezebel: http://jezebel.com/male-serial-killers-are-hunters-female-serial-killers-1689832861

“That study is so sexist!”
    “How dare they imply that women only kill for resources!”
    “Evo Psych is bullshit.”

Keep in mind that this was a very extensive study that spanned decades but its invalid “cuz sexism”.
    You think they would be flattered because the study found that female killers can be more dangerous than males because lack of scrutiny by law enforcement/society (women are innocent angels/victims. They can’t cause violence!) and ability to evade an keep a lower profile than male counterparts (due to methods/professions used).

Don’t get me started on 2011’s SemenGate where a highly-estemed member*** of the medial community did a study on the biological/psychological effects of male ejaculate on female sex partners and had to resign from his position because feminists did not like the implication from that semen can be beneficial for women.

Benefits of semen:
    – anti-depression (makes women happy)
    – can help prevent miscarriages and other pregnancy complications
    – increases bonding (which sex does!)

Feminist response: “To even suggest that semen can have benefits for women shows a patriarchal bias.”

Really?

Yet, we have to accept the wage gap myth, rape culture, and other “theories” that cannot be proven or have been disproven as truth!

***Huffington Post: Lazar Greenefield “was the president-elect of the American College of Surgeons. The man is the inventor of the Greenfield Filter, a device that has saved countless lives as a means of preventing blood clots during surgery. He’s a professor emeritus of surgery at the University of Michigan. He has written more than 360 scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals, 128 book chapters and two textbooks. He has served on the Editorial Board of 15 scientific journals and was also the lead editor of the Surgery News, the trade publication in which his writing initiated Semengate.”

This man was highly-intelligent and saved lives, yet, he was kicked out of his stewardship position because of “feminist threats of protest” and PC.
    What has modern feminism done besides creating misery and spreading falsehoods?

There is nothing inherently wrong with these studies (in fact, they can be expanded upon) but do we have to reject scientific studies/theories because we do not agree with their proposals/outcomes? We should encourage scientific exploration, not stifle it!

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Greenefield: “The editorial was a review of what I thought was some fascinating new findings related to semen, and the way in which nature is trying to promote a stronger bond between men and women. It impressed me. It seemed as though it was a gift from nature. And so that was the reason for my lighthearted comments.”

Feminism: NOTHING GOOD CAN CUM FROM MEN! THE SEMEN IS THE EXTENSION THE GREAT PATRIARCHAL PHALLUS THAT ENSLAVES WOMYNFOLK!!!

Maybe they would like it better if men ejaculated chocolate syrup, rainbows, and $100 bills?

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Feminism has gotten more and more anti-science as the necessity of those who believe in it require themselves to be void of scientific reasoning. To be a feminist, you have to be ignorant of statistics or else you wouldn’t but into the grossly over inflated rape statistics and the whole wage gap myth. To be a feminist, you have to be willing to believe without proof that all of society is a patriarchy & rape culture; despite all the evidence to the contrary. To be a feminist, you have to believe that if a trope can be interpreted as harmful to women, it is harmful to women. To be a feminist, you have to believe that a vast majority of women have been mentally manipulated by society and that those poor non-feminist women are all just puppets of society. To be a feminist, you need to avoid any self reflection because if you do, you’ll realize that all the horrible things you think society is doing to women (portraying women as weak, ignoring women’s voices, taking away women’s choices, shaming people into gender roles, taking women’s agency away) is actually what feminism is doing.

There are many different kinds of feminism, but to me, there are really only two: feminist bigots who can only view/analyze things under their narrow ideologically driven lens and feminists who are not ethnocentric bigots. Feminist bigots see sexism everywhere and in all things because that is the only thing that their narrow lens will allow them to see. Non-ethnocentric feminists can understand and use other lens in order to prevent themselves from falling into a bias confirmation hugbox/echo-chamber. Being able to view problems and issues under a evolutionary psychology lens is very helpful and usually far better than a feminist lens because hypothesis under a evolutionary psychology lens can be studied, tested, and most importantly, proven wrong. Sure evolutionary psychology is not the end all be all, but it has its uses and to act like its findings are not significant are nonsensical at best. I still believe a feminist lens is a good way to look at things, but if it is the only way you look at things is when feminism becomes a problem just as great as the problems it seeks to correct.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Nat
    Nat
    Participant

It’s getting hard to differentiate feminists from religious fanatics :/ It is literally like they are some kind of cult, trying to “cleanse the earth from the sin that is Men.”

- There was a signature here... it's gone now...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.