For Easter Cartoon Network will air only Teen Titans Go… Uhh Variety CN?

Home Forums Off Topic For Easter Cartoon Network will air only Teen Titans Go… Uhh Variety CN?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by shenyongo shenyongo 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

It’s really no secret by now that Cartoon Network has been using Teen Titans Go as a crutch. Instead of letting other shows breath and creating variety for their channel, CN seems to insists on devoting most of their schedule to TTG. While a lot of people try to justify this with “oh it’s their highest rated show so of course they will air that all the time”, if you look at the statistics the overall viewership of the channel has gone down, (also you don’t see HBO or AMC airing nothing but Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead) and because CN practically devotes 99% of their marketing budget on TTG marathons it keeps other shows from getting attention. For instance CN had delayed Adventure Time’s Season 7 finale by 4 months and didn’t have any marketing at all for the finale and its following Season 8 episodes which has led to the show’s recent cancellation. Not to mention a lot of the new and coming cartoons for CN seem to be repeating the TTG formula of cringe-I mean comedy oriented reboots (instead of variety), while Disney and even Netflix seem to be embracing a little more variety in their animation while also finding success (in the case of Netflix look at the success of Bojack Horseman and the Voltron reboot, 2 competely different shows aimed at different demographics).
    Heck it even went to the point that in response to the popularity of the Infinity Train pilot on YouTube Cartoon Network decided to finally air it on the channel – at 6 am Eastern Time when a lot of people are very likely still asleep…..Meanwhile for this weekend, to celebrate Easter, CN decides to do to this…….

Fat Cats first I guess….

MachinizerXS
    MachinizerXS
    Participant

I still can’t believe they’re trying to push Teen Titans Go. Not only is the show insulting as a cartoon given its mindless, braindead humor but they openly mock people for having valid reasons to hate it.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

I still can’t believe they’re trying to push Teen Titans Go. Not only is the show insulting as a cartoon given its mindless, braindead humor but they openly mock people for having valid reasons to hate it.

Speaking of which:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.