Ghost in the Shell trailer leaked

Home Forums Off Topic Ghost in the Shell trailer leaked

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by shenyongo shenyongo 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

It begins…

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

CineMax
    CineMax
    Participant

Honestly? This doesn’t look so bad thus far.

An elderly Asian man shooting someone with a handgun doesn’t really tell me anything. But the image of what looks like a group of cultists plugged into the ‘Net or that eerie looking Geisha chick is something I would expect to see in a Ghost in the Shell movie, animated or live-action.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@cinemax It looks promising but it’s the filmmakers handling the film. I don’t if they can pull this off.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Also, here’s a fan teaser that’s better than the official one:

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

The real trailer has been dropped and all right, it looks really fucking good.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Here is the 2nd and final trailer for the live action GHOST IN THE SHELL.

I will say a few things about this trailer:
    1) This movie will definitely be a visual marvel. I know that will make me sound like someone who watches Transformers movies but honestly I think Transformers movies look terrible in terms of the visuals (too much cluttering detail and such terrible character designs). This movie actually looks like it will impress in the visual department and also show something new visually.
    2. This will certainly not be as good as the 1995 Oshii masterpiece but I am still having my fingers crossed hoping that it won’t be schlock. Still hopeful for this movie.
    3). The story does sound a bit too Winter Soldier like. I was hoping the “they did not save your life, they stole it” line would be more of a philosophical line than a plot detail. And they seem to be doing the evil corporation and forgotten past tropes as well (though the latter does explain why they chose Kuze as the main villain). There is still a chance they might actually do something with a seemingly cliched story though and still try to have some philosophical element (fingers crossed).
    4. Scarlett Johansson doesn’t seem bad as the Major. Hopefully this will be one of her stronger acting performances.
    5. Definitely gonna see this as a late birthday present for myself over Power Rangers 2017. Not that I planned on seeing Power Rangers 2017, but out of the two I think this one deserves to make more money than the other.
    6. Definitely gonna want to see this in IMAX.

What do y’all think? Is a new era of movies based on anime properties upon us?

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Now this is a Promo!!!

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Here is the a clip of the live-action version of the water fight scene.

Personally, I think it appears that Rubert Sanders must have significantly improved as a film director in terms of filming and cinematography (I know the later is technically mainly manages by a different person, the cinematographer, but still).

Maybe we have another James Cameron like situation, who went from directing a schlocky movie Piranha 2 to making something much more competent like Terminator, Aliens, Terminator 2, etc.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Here is a 5 minute clip from the beginning of the live-action Ghost in the Shell movie.

I gotta say I am optimistic about what I am seeing here. This definitely feels different from Rubert Sanders’ previous film, Snow White and the Huntman, considering that this feels much more competently made in the filmmaking department. The music does its job, sets up the tone and has a cyberpunk feel to it. I have checked out the composer’s, Clint Mansell, previous work and he seems to be pretty good at what he does. The action is very well down and well edited.

I think this could be really good.
    What do y’all think?

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.