Guillermo Del Toro: Not making anymore games

Home Forums Off Topic Guillermo Del Toro: Not making anymore games

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Good job, THQ and KONAMI. You just took 2 dumps on the projects that would have been amazing to play… Idiots.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

I remember his “Insane” project announcement 5 years ago and thought it would be an interesting horror game but nothing happened cuz THQ went out of business (?).

And then the whole Konami/Silent Hills thing happened and he completely lost faith.

Crimson Peaks is coming out and the Strain is in a new season…

I still think he shouldn’t give up. I know I wouldn’t but that’s just me I guess :/

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Nat
    Nat
    Participant

I dreamed a dream in time gone by,
    When games looked good and full of promise,
    Our hopes and hype was set so high,
    Then Konami wiped it from existence

:'(

I all seriousness though, this could have been someone who would change the way games and the creatures and monsters in them are designed, but, yet again, Konami decided ruins all that is good in life. The more I hear about the fools that work for Konami, the more hatred I feel toward the company, which in a way takes the sting out of them deciding not to make games any more.

- There was a signature here... it's gone now...

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

I remember his “Insane” project announcement 5 years ago and thought it would be an interesting horror game but nothing happened cuz THQ went out of business (?).

And then the whole Konami/Silent Hills thing happened and he completely lost faith.

Crimson Peaks is coming out and the Strain is in a new season…

I still think he shouldn’t give up. I know I wouldn’t but that’s just me I guess :/

Here’s the thing: Insane was supposed to be a horror game that takes inspiration from H.P. Lovecraft but it never went anywhere due to THQ going bankrupt since the company were infamous for making stupid decisions after stupid decisions and it left Del Toro devistated. Same thing happened with Silent Hills and once again, triple AAA gaming karma kicked him in the balls and was sick of it. I do agree that he shouldn’t give up cause he does have potential talent to make an amazing game (imagine a Skyrim open world game but with werewolves and H.P. Lovecraft style storytelling with Del Toro) but with the state that gaming is in now, his hopes are now ashes. Still, I will be seeing Crimson Peak on opening day cause damn it, I love the man’s work!

I dreamed a dream in time gone by,
    When games looked good and full of promise,
    Our hopes and hype was set so high,
    Then Konami wiped it from existence

:'(

I all seriousness though, this could have been someone who would change the way games and the creatures and monsters in them are designed, but, yet again, Konami decided ruins all that is good in life. The more I hear about the fools that work for Konami, the more hatred I feel toward the company, which in a way takes the sting out of them deciding not to make games any more.

Nice “Les Miserables” reference. Also, you’re not the only one with a deep hate for Konami and the bullshit tactics that triple AAA companies been doing for a long time.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.