Is KissAnime killing the Anime Industry?

Home Forums Off Topic Is KissAnime killing the Anime Industry?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

So Anime YouTuber Mother’s Basement as released a new video about piracy of anime and how it is potentially stealing millions of dollars from Anime License companies. And potentially making it harder for anime studios to make money off their content.

Considering how this podcast has talked about piracy in the past and how even HBO has gone from praising piracy to declaring war on the same pirates it previously praised, I wanted to know y’all’s thoughts on this video and the points he makes.

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Geoff makes good points but really the Anime Industry is killing itself; influx of quantity over quality and too many middlemen to get the anime makers themselves paid.

Explored and later expanded on by Digibro.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Geoff makes good points but really the Anime Industry is killing itself; influx of quantity over quality and too many middlemen to get the anime makers themselves paid.

Explored and later expanded on by Digibro.

Digibro definitely makes a lot of great points in both of those videos. It also reminds me of what LaughingMan and Cinemax brought up in their video podcast on piracy; how the reason people pirate these products is that the companies make it very hard for their consumers to access such products all the while providing very questionable quality to these consumers.
    While I am morally conflicted that the folks behind KissAnime are making billions illegally, at the same time, as Digibro said, KissAnime offers much better quality than what the legal license companies have been offering for the exact same content, all the while helping preserve certain anime that has been either out of print or not available on the legal anime streaming sites.
    (Besides, I always use ad-block anyway on anything that isn’t from my favorite YouTube channels)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.