Let's share some music~

Home Forums Off Topic Let's share some music~

This topic contains 106 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by V-Tundra V-Tundra 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • Author

0megablaster
    Participant

I’ve found afew good songs from time to time. Here are some of my favorites.

I love listening to these when I’m bored so I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. ^_^

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Dark ambient music. Turn off the lights and let the darkness take you. Lustmord’s Black Star reminds me of the Cthulhu Mythos, like the Great Old Ones are crying out from beyond.

If y’all like Two Steps from Hell, I recommend X-Ray Dog.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I’m more into calm bassy music. Motorama is one of my favorite bands:

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Anime songs!

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

One of the most brutal albums I’ve heard in … Ever. More accurately, an entire album that I’ve enjoyed 100% the way through vs the long strong of 3 great songs / 3 mediocre / 4 crap albums I’ve bought.

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

So the factors that determine my musical tastes break down like so: 50% video game music (especially classic Sega and Nintendo chip tunes), 45% learning to play a musical instrument from 4th grade till I graduated High school, 4% old fashion Country I heard growing up, and 1% guilty pleasures like Lady Gaga & Ke$ha cause I’m mandated to listen to them cause I’m gay. You have been warned.

A good remix is hard to find. Trying to find the balance between making the remix different from while still staying true to the core essence of the original mix is no easy task, or just one too many remixers horribly fail at in my opinion. A good chip tune can sometimes be hard to improve upon. Making it a non-chip tune (e.g. changing it to a rock version) usually lays out the song’s simplicity and redundancy bare, making the listener painfully aware of how much the chip tune truly repeats itself. Adding new melodies to into the song can prevent that, but they also can distract from the melodies that listener are looking for in the remix & destroy the over all consistency of the music, making the song a Frankenstein monster and failing to live up to the listener’s expectations for a remix. This song is one of the two remixes I’ve heard of Megaman 2’s Wiley Stage 1 that I believe are an improvement on the original. I hope you enjoy it.

You ever hear that song without lyrics that is just so good, but you have no idea how to track the song down on the internet? It is the WORST thing ever* (*not actually the worst thing ever). I’m so thankful these two songs came with their names and links to it.

Just in case the Fuboo and/or Katie sees this, here’s a lovely Silent Hill 2 remix I heard from watching TotalBiscuit. It hauntingly beautiful.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

0megablaster
    Participant

Here’s another great one I enjoy strait from JonTron.

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Some stuff I have been listening to lately when writing my novel…

To start, my first Skinny Puppy album and one of my favorite albums period.

Dave Brubeck and Chuck Mangione are amazing, two of my favorite jazz musicians.

GWAR makes for some interesting dialogue sessions.

Straight from the Aloha State (Hawaii how I miss you).

Tool is great.

And I don’t know, I was listening to KMFDM and PIG while making Obsidian Dragon so here are some songs I listened to.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I think that today I’ll throw in a bit of everything in the mix:

0megablaster
    Participant

It’s been awhile since anyone has posted to here so I decided to fix that with this little gem
    https://gifsound.com/?gfycat=InconsequentialSnoopyIndianringneckparakeet&v=XCiDuy4mrWU&s=120

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Get your (modern) 80’s Synth on!

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I think I’m gonna go a year earlier than the 80’s…

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

LIFE IS LIFE!!! GET ME A LIGHT BEER!!!

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Sero
    Sero
    Participant

I recently got into vaporwave, it’s great to listen to while drawing/working on anything really. Skylar Spence/Saint Pepsi is probably one of the better artists in the genre at the moment.

<iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/3r2zleGxv7w?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

And as a big David Bowie fan, I feel that it’s required for me to post at least one song of his

<iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/JFDj3shXvco?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Today I’m feeling a bit Russian, I think I’ll post some Motorama…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.