Live Action Full Metal Alchemist trailer out

Home Forums Off Topic Live Action Full Metal Alchemist trailer out

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Finns Finns 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MachinizerXS
    MachinizerXS
    Participant

I love FMA so I’m all for this

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Interesting.

FMA is one of my favorite series. I’m curious if they will dub it in English and get the American voice cast to reprise their roles.

The only thing I’ve seen to a live-action FMA is the Vic Mignogna fan-film “Fullmetal Fantasy” at a convention YEARS ago lol

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

I seen the trailer a few weeks back and it looks good. However, considering Japan can’t even make their own animes work into live action film is still a big issue here with the negative reception the 2-part Attack On Titan live-action films as proof regarding movie based animes still need a lot of work if they want to get better. The most surprising thing about this FMA movie is the fact Hollywood lost a big opportunity into making an FMA movie. The popularity in FMA is still strong despite the shows being over and with the right talent, they could make something real special if handled well while also not pussy out in it’s complex themes (noit gonna spoil it for those who haven’t seen it yet). The trailer does a good job at teasing our expectations and I do like the small image of Al’s armor which looks accurate but it’s up to the story & script if the film can stand tall with Bones superior adaptations.

The only thing I’ve seen to a live-action FMA is the Vic Mignogna fan-film “Fullmetal Fantasy” at a convention YEARS ago lol

I need to see it!

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Also, it will never top this:

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Finns
    Finns
    Participant

I’m so looking forward to this. While it is hard to turn a cartoon/anime into a live-action movie (The Last Airbender/Dragonball: Evolution), if they do this anything like they did the live-action Death Note movie, it’s gonna be sick. I do hope they don’t go by-script from the show, for it would be nice if they explored a side-story, one that could run parallel to the anime, but I can’t imagine they’ll do as bad a job as M. Knight did to Avatar: The Last Airbender…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.