Metacritic Users giving Zelda: Breath of the Wild scores of 0 and 1 because…..

Home Forums Off Topic Metacritic Users giving Zelda: Breath of the Wild scores of 0 and 1 because…..

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by shenyongo shenyongo 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

……
    WTF are these Metacritic Users expecting Breath of the Wild to be, FFXIII?

Also I just love how they criticize the graphics and art style of Breath of the Wild as “childish”. Because apparently a game can only be taken seriously and have a mature story if it has the most realsitic graphics ever (Nevermind FFIX having existential themes).

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

To be fair, I’d never take seriously reviews from Metacritic. The fact that their score system is designed to make the final result even lower than what the score represents just speaks for itself. What confuses me is that these complaints focus on Zelda but there’s nothing onto the recent CoD games (which let’s admit, it’s pretty transparent they’re paying off the IGN reviews (you can’t spell IGNorant without IGN)).

Still, who the fuck expects BS’s (Battle Rifles) in a fucking Zelda game? By the way, am I the only who thinks all these reviews are a single person making several accounts and trying to make several complaints? They’re all pretty similar…

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Tyra1958
    Tyra1958
    Participant

HOW DARE A VIDEO GAME NOT SPEND ITS ENTIRE BUDGET ON GRAPHICS! HOW DARE THEY NOT MAKE IT LOOK EDGY AS FUCK AND NOT MAKE IT LOOK THE WAY I WANT IT TO. WHAT KIND OF WORLD IS THIS, ONE WHERE ARTISTIC FREEDOM IS A THING?

I’ve played only about 5-10 hours, and frankly while BotW isn’t perfect (no game is), for fuck’s sake, don’t be a dick when you’re angry that a game is getting praised. Give Nintendo a break, and sit down for a second and contemplate the idea that maybe, just maybe, the game deserves some of the praise it gets and you might want to consider the other aspects.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

HOW DARE A VIDEO GAME NOT SPEND ITS ENTIRE BUDGET ON GRAPHICS! HOW DARE THEY NOT MAKE IT LOOK EDGY AS FUCK AND NOT MAKE IT LOOK THE WAY I WANT IT TO. WHAT KIND OF WORLD IS THIS, ONE WHERE ARTISTIC FREEDOM IS A THING?

I’ve played only about 5-10 hours, and frankly while BotW isn’t perfect (no game is), for fuck’s sake, don’t be a dick when you’re angry that a game is getting praised. Give Nintendo a break, and sit down for a second and contemplate the idea that maybe, just maybe, the game deserves some of the praise it gets and you might want to consider the other aspects.

The thing is that people these days are so entitled and self-righteous that they think their opinion is above everyone else’s and if someone likes/hates a game they hate/like then “that person’s opinion is stupid”.
    For instance not long ago i came across someone who insisted that Xenoblade Chronicles, along with Xenoblade X, was a “overrated piece of garbage and a disagrace to Xenogears and Xenosaga” and that anyone who likes it is either a Nitnedrone or simply have “lower tastes than him”. When I told him why I loved the game and why I felt it deserved all the acclaim it has recieved, he simply claimed I was wrong on the basis that he disagreed and that “I can’t establish my opinion as fact”. I then told him that neither can he.

To be fair, I’d never take seriously reviews from Metacritic. The fact that their score system is designed to make the final result even lower than what the score represents just speaks for itself. What confuses me is that these complaints focus on Zelda but there’s nothing onto the recent CoD games (which let’s admit, it’s pretty transparent they’re paying off the IGN reviews (you can’t spell IGNorant without IGN)).

Still, who the fuck expects BS’s (Battle Rifles) in a fucking Zelda game? By the way, am I the only who thinks all these reviews are a single person making several accounts and trying to make several complaints? They’re all pretty similar…

The thing is apparently these might be SONY fanboys trying to make Horizon Zero Dawn out to be the “superior game”, because apparently there has been some kind of fan war between SONY and Nintendo fans concerning whether Horizon Zero Dawn or Zelda BotW are the “superior game”. And they have been apparently taking their imaginary little console war on Metacritic.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

there has been some kind of fan war between SONY and Nintendo fans concerning whether Horizon Zero Dawn or Zelda BotW are the “superior game”. And they have been apparently taking their imaginary little console war on Metacritic.

Ah, now we’re entering into World Console War IV… Historic campaigns, I’ll never forget when I witnessed the Third World Console War. Wherever you were on game videos on YouTube back in 2007, you’d see zealots killing and ripping each other to pieces in the comment section. To think of all the raging 12 year olds who sacrificed their online dignity with the comments “Teh xfags r nebar gon hab most gaems den ps triple” and “fagstation users suk diks cuz i faked theyre mothers last naight”. Horrific battles they were, I’m still recovering from the horrors I saw.

Lest we forget…

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Yeah, I always found the console wars to be petty, especially now where there are only ever a few exclusives at a time.
    I mean, the first console war was literally started by a deliberate marketing ploy from SEGA of America to get kids into fighting over whether the NES, and later SNES, or the Genesis were the “superior” system.

“Blast Processing” anyone?

Honestly I think that if you limit yourself to one console for the sake of some glorified playground fight over what console is “superior” then all you are doing is missing out on other games you might not be able to enjoy on said console. For instance when I was little I was a PS2 kid but I found the GameCube to be interesting. And now that I have a GameCube I have been enjoying a couple of games like Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, and F-ZERO GX that I wasn’t able to play when I was little. And I never had a SEGA SATURN but I really enjoyed my by-emulation-playthrough of PANZER DRAGOON SAGA (one of the best games of all time I would say) and I also enjoyed some of the PS1 Final Fantasy titles like FFVII and FFIX. I also really like FFVI, an SNES game, and on Steam I have a retro styled RPGs called Pier Solar that serves as a tribute to the Sega Genesis and its RPGs (it was even originally distributed as Genesis cartridges to play on the Genesis).
    In the case of this apparent console war between SONY and Nintendo Fans, honestly from what I have seen the new Zelda is great and Horizon Zero Dawn is great too. So who cares which game is the “superior” one (especially since despite both being open world games they are both mechanically different and targeted primarily to different audiences).
    So if you ask me, console wars are basically just glorified bickering between little kids on the playground.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.