Mighty Number 9 Final Boss Leaked

Home Forums Off Topic Mighty Number 9 Final Boss Leaked

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Shinra Kuroki Shinra Kuroki 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

So the final boss for Mighty Number 9 was leaked. The full boss fight is already on YouTube. Now I’ll try to keep this top portion spoiler free. What I will spoil is that it SUCKS. The only slim hope that Mighty Number 9 has is that this is the game on easy or something, though such hopes feels like grasping at straws at this point. I’ll break down the boss in the spoiler zone, but all you need to know, if your foolish enough to care about these spoilers at this point, is the final boss is a disappointment.

***MASSIVE SPOILERS AFTER THIS POINT ON***

Mechanically

So, we got a standard two phase final boss. The first form looks like a floating fart & has three attack patterns, with the 3rd pattern locked to a soft aggro when the boss gets below ~1/2 health. The 2nd form looks like a flower ontop of a Pokey (see picture) from Mario & has three attack patterns, with the 3rd pattern locked again to a soft aggro when the boss gets below ~1/2 health. Form 1 seems immune to damage unless it’s in the middle of it’s attack pattern. Form 2 seems only vulnerable when it has no supporting bulbs to stand on. This makes the boss fight take longer than it should & also the boss has a lot of health, dragging out a very monotonous boss fight.

Pokey

Attack Patters Form Form 1
    1. A Yellow Devil lower middle and high attack. The player cheeses this pattern using invincibility frames from using a sword.
    2. It rises three platforms & nukes the floor, requiring you to get to the highest plat form to jump over it spam attack.
    3. It makes the stage into a v shape & then shoots clock wise & counter clock wise, making the player circle around the boss

Attack Patters Form Form 2
    1. It pops up from the left or right side of the stage & slide to the other side. You slide through the lowest part to avoid damage & repeat this till it’s out of supporting bulbs.
    2. It turns the room into a V-shape & you must destroy two support bulbs & then it’s easy to strike with a lighting attack from a safe distance.
    3. It bends the room around as it attacks, but has repeated openings in it’s attacks, making it so you only have to learn the 4 gaps to avoid any damage.

Aesthetically

The boss is uninspired. It would pass as a early on mini-boss in other games, but it’s dreadfully underwhelming for a final boss. It’s made up of white polygons, black polygons, purple gas effect, & two red gas effects. The second form is a bit more complex, adding in white to pink diamond shapes around the core & adding in bulbs each with an obvious “shoot here” orb in the center. Also, the true form is post boss fight is underwhelming. I can hardly recall the design. I have to look at still shots just for my brain to memorize it with all three forms.

Also, may I note all the dialogue feels too slow, and I was watching it at times 2 speed. The voice acting just feels forced & like something out of the uncanny valley. I can understand what it says, but it doesn’t sound human. Maybe it’s because they’re robots, but even the humans sound that way. The dialogue is also rather lack luster. Maybe it’s because I don’t have any context for the fight, but it still felt very underwhelming. Like they were seriously saying exposition during the final boss fight. Also the final boss NEVER SPEAKS. You get to the final boss & it’s nothing but a rogue program issue? It has zero motivation. It has zero personality. I would have preferred the JRPG trope of just fighting God for no apparent reason over this.

I’m happy I didn’t back Mighty Number 9. May it be slaughter at release by reviewers & by the word of mouth of it’s poor backers. I hope another Kickstarter disaster like this never happens again.

Extra
    Here’s a video of the final boss of Duke Nukem Forever… so you can compare & contrast this complete failure with another one.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant
    LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Speaking of Mighty 9 being shit:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/06/20/mighty-no-9-review?read

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/mighty_no_9/b/xboxone/archive/2016/06/20/a-lifeless-mega-man-clone.aspx

That’s why I’ve been playing 20XX on Steam. A procedurally generated Mega Man X clone, still in Early Access, that is a genuine blast to play even if it’s still rough around the edges:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/322110/

Dukect
    Dukect
    Participant

And I put 20 bucks into this Kick starter go me

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

MN9

For those of you who don’t speak game rating systems on major websites; on a 1 to 10 scale, 5 is the bottom cause they don’t want to get in hot water with a publisher.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.