Moral outrage on twitter explodes over recent YouTube video by @theLEOpirate

Home Forums Off Topic Moral outrage on twitter explodes over recent YouTube video by @theLEOpirate

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by V-Tundra V-Tundra 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

I was going to write a thread about how terrible Man of Steel today, but my twitter feed keeps getting bombarded by this latest GG happenings. Last night I saw a really interesting video by Leo the Pirate (@theLEOpirate) about notorious anti-GG troll @srhbutts. This video is pretty offensive to sensible people.

The video make some pretty heavy claims, that I’m still skeptical of them being true. Milo Yiannopoulos (@Nero), has already reached out to @srhbutts for comment on an article he is writing about her in. I’m hoping taking this story to the actual media will help sort fact from fiction. In the mean time, it seems some of Anti-GG are unwilling to even consider some of the mounting evidence against @srhbutts. So my twitter feed is full of people defending @srhbutts and pro-GG people being ticked off at SJWs for defending an alleged pedo. It’s eerie to say the least.

Well, I took a step back to think about how I would feel if someone prominently pro-GG was accused of something like this. I think I would wait for more credible source of information. I probably wouldn’t demonize the people trying to spread information, but I would probably think it was disinformation and that it was being done by people trying to smear someone they disagreed with. I would like to think I would look into the evidence to see if I could verify its credibility, but I know I would still find myself still quite hesitant to believe in it. I guess that’s the problem with internet based evidence, there’s always an electronic paper trail, but there’s also the chance everything has been faked very well. I really should read up on computers and how to verify credible evidence compared to elaborate forgeries.

I know it is tempting to just say SJWs would defend anyone despite how terrible a person they are, as long as they defend social justice, but I think people most eager for this to be true to show the most caution. Bias is a tricky thing to over come and we should never show rash judgement. I wish I knew more about computers in order to tell the validity of the “evidence” in Leo the Pirate’s video, but I don’t. It would be unethical of me to not have reservations about @srhbutts guilt. I guess now is time for sensible people to play the waiting game.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

0megablaster
    0megablaster
    Participant

I don’t even know what to say to this… dang…

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

This is… just… jeez…

GamerGate is stupid, that’s a fact. But this girl… I mean… it’s like there’s no choice to pick; they’re both pretty idiotic. An alleged pedophile on one hand and a twisting of journalism “ethics” on another. I’m speechless.

For now, I’ll take the evidence there is and draw a conclusion subject to changes should newer evidence be presented, but for the time being; I can’t blame the guys who attack @srhbutts; who wouldn’t scream at an alleged pedophile? Though as a major possibility on this wide world of the internet, it could be just a troll claiming to be a pedophile.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.