Neo Yokio

Home Forums Off Topic Neo Yokio

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Tyra1958 Tyra1958 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MachinizerXS
    MachinizerXS
    Participant

Basically the Jaden Smith anime, and well while I should only need to say “nuff’ said,” some people seem to actually believe that the show is so bad because it was made that way on purpose. But even if it was… Even if it is a parody/satire of abridged shows and 90s anime dubs it’s not funny. Kappa Mikey did the joke better.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

[After watching 11 minutes of cringe worthy Neo Yokio scenes]

That was the longest, most boring 11 minutes of my life…..

Not only was it painfully unfunny, I actually felt like the life was being sucked right out of me every time Jaden Smith’s character spoke.

MachinizerXS
    MachinizerXS
    Participant

[After watching 11 minutes of cringe worthy Neo Yokio scenes]

That was the longest, most boring 11 minutes of my life…..

Not only was it painfully unfunny, I actually felt like the life was being sucked right out of me every time Jaden Smith’s character spoke.

What’s worse is that people are actually saying…

“You just don’t get it! It’s a parody/satire! There’s no way they unintentionally made it this bad! They made it this way on purpose, and because of that it’s ‘The Room’ of anime!”

I just don’t believe that at all. There are tons of examples where people tried to make intentionally bad movies as well as other media. Usually it blows up in their face. Even something like Kappa Mikey did parody/satire better.

Tyra1958
    Tyra1958
    Participant

My roommate showed me a few clips of this and I honestly thought it was a shitty abridged version of an anime, the voice acting was so bad and the lines so stilted. All I can ask is, are they sponsored by Toblerone or something?
    In terms of if it’s satire or not… given the fact that it sounds like someone told Jaden Smith to read random lines from his twitter account, which isn’t satire, unfortunately it looks like someone actually thought this was a good idea.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.