Netflix's DEATH NOTE movie trailer is out

Home Forums Off Topic Netflix's DEATH NOTE movie trailer is out

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by shenyongo shenyongo 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Haven’t seen the anime series or read the manga yet, but honestly this looks pretty good. Before the trailer came out, people were of course complaining about ‘whitewashing; (because god forbid they cast whoever they want in an AMERICAN REMAKE), but now I can see people giving this a chance.
    I should probably try to watch the anime series, which is also on Netflix, before I see this just in order to get an idea of what to expect when this movie comes out (it comes out August 25 of this year).

Hopefully with this, along with the Ghost in the Shell movie, we are entering some kind of era of Anime Adaptations that do the material justice. Also, if this movie succeeds it would show that TV (NETFLIX, HBO, etc) is kicking Hollywood’s butt.

What do y’all think?

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Of course the crybabies are here to ruin everyone else’s fun.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/netflixs-death-note-trailer-hits-4-million-views-as-whitewashing-criticisms-continue-2017-03-23
    And of course the crybabies aren’t even Japanese. In fact if the twitter posts shown in the articles are telling of something, most of these crybabies are white people in their 20s who have nothing better to do than complain about American remakes of foreign works.
    Also, these people do realize that the actor playing L, one of the most prominent roles in the series, is African American, right? Or are they going to insist that that casting choice is “a dirty trick to hide the whitewashing”?

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Never got into Death Note honestly. I got a kick out of the memes when the series was airing but otherwise it more or less sailed under my radar. But I have to say, this looks loads better than the Japanese LA movie with the CGI puppets lifted straight from Roughnecks.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.