Netflix's Devilman Anime coming soon.

Home Forums Off Topic Netflix's Devilman Anime coming soon.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  shenyongo 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

shenyongo
    Participant

Reminder that Netflix will be releasing the latest anime adaptation of Devilman – DEVILMAN Crybaby – (from Masaaki Yuasa, the director of KAIBA, Mind Game, and Ping Pong) on January 5th

Now I have never read the original manga, but from what I have heard it’s really good – but not for the faint of the heart (in spite of its typical 70s manga art style) if you know what I mean. What mainly got me interested in this anime is that it’s being helmed by Masaaki Yuasa, an anime director and animator known mainly for his unconventional and trippy art style. He has created some acclaimed anime such as Ping Pong, and KAIBA (which is by far one of my favorite animes next to Neon Genesis Evangelion), and some movies such as the trippy but entertaining Mind Games. And considering Netflix’s track record with distributing particular anime (even if they sometimes deliberately split a completed show into “2 seasons” <cough> Little Witch Academia <cough>), I am rather excited for Devilman Crybaby (and hopefully it will get me as emotionally invested into the story as I was in KAIBA’s story).

Also, on a side note, a particular Netflix distributed anime that I recommend is the anime movie BLAME! (think Mad Max meets space + cyberpunk + humans at the mercy of merciless machines) for those of you interested.

shenyongo
    Participant

Well I have just finished binge watching Devilman Crybaby and all I have to say is..

shenyongo
    Participant

If anyone’s curious:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.