New Blade Runner anime short from Cowboy Bebop director

Home Forums Off Topic New Blade Runner anime short from Cowboy Bebop director

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by shenyongo shenyongo 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

So if you have been paying attention to the marketing of the upcoming Blade Runner sequel, there have been several prequel shorts released that take place in between the original movie and upcoming sequel. However one thing that’s interesting is that one of these shorts is an anime. From the director of Cowboy Bebop himself, Shinichiro Watanabe.

So basically this short goes over a very important event between the original and upcoming movie, the Blackout that temporally causes the production of replicants to be illegal, centering on 2 replicants admist the a time in which there have been increased tension between humans and replicants (I’m going to assume that replicants were allowed on Earth sometime after 2019). Having seen the short myself I’ve gotta say that it was very well animated and entertaining.
    The short is available on Crunchyroll, however Warner Bros has also officially released the short on YouTube (going to assume this was because there were people leaking it onto YouTube), so if any of y’all are interested in the upcoming Blade Runner sequel, or just a fan of Shinichiro Watanabe’s work in general, here is the short.

Oh, and Blade Runner 2049 has been getting rave reviews thus far

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.