New Joker(Suicide Squad)

Home Forums Off Topic New Joker(Suicide Squad)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Devilboy06
    Devilboy06
    Participant

Just recently I saw the trailer for the DC movie named “Suicide Squad” made by director David Ayer. When I first saw it my initial thought was “Okay, so the story revolves around a group of DC Villains who are forced to do black op missions, sounds good.” However, when I saw the end of the trailer, I just face-palmed in disappointment. At the end, I saw this abomination. For all those asking, no this isn’t the bastard child of Marilyn Manson and Eminem, it’s the new Joker for Suicide Squad.

Now, my question here is this, does anyone think that this new Joker will work out? I understand that Joker has had many different incarnations in the past, but this skin head appearance just looks like crap.

Attachments:
    KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

bastard child of Marilyn Manson and Eminem

Well, it’s Jared Leto from 30 Sec. to Mars (another singer lol).

Now, my question here is this, does anyone think that this new Joker will work out? I understand that Joker has had many different incarnations in the past, but this skin head appearance just looks like crap.

I really can’t judge until the movie comes out. Jared Leto has acted before in other roles and this is going to be wildly different but I think he is a decent character actor.

But like you said, the Joker has many different incarnations/portrayals, its going to come down to the personal preferences of fans. The Joker is not one of my favorite DC villains so I really don’t have any expectations.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I’ll say the thing I’ve always said when referring to Leto’s Joker:

“The actor is not the problem, the design is”.

I am aware, this is an interpretation and in interpretations there have to be differences; I know, but good god… look at that! It looks NOTHING like the joker. If it weren’t for the purple glove, I’d say it’s a generic-punk-pseudopsycho from a fanfiction novel written by a 15 year old.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

It looks NOTHING like the joker. If it weren’t for the purple glove, I’d say it’s a generic-punk-pseudopsycho from a fanfiction novel written by a 15 year old.

Well, considering all of the teenage fangirls he has, that is probably not too far off the mark.

Well, if its any consolidation, he probably won’t have a lot of film time.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

I don’t know, I actually do like this Joker design. It gives a very “urban street” style to the character and yes, it’s jarring at first but you’ll get used to it eventually. Also, the tattoos are a mixed bag.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

I dunno… I’m a HUGE fan of the Joker, and though I’m not crazy about the new design it does have a very “anarchy punk” vibe to it that is interesting and could work. And if you wanted a total opposite of wealthy businessman Bruce Wayne, you can’t go wrong with an utterly anti-establishment ‘agent of chaos’ look.

However, when it comes to pure derrangement you can’t really beat Heath Ledger’s “Dark Knight” Joker AND Mark Hamill’s Joker from the “Batman Arkham” games.

Devilboy06
    Devilboy06
    Participant

In my opinion, while Joker is an agent of Chaos spreading as much Mayhem for shits and giggles, he is also a manipulative mad genius, coming up with crazy schemes, inventing deadly toxins, and just being an insane nut in a hilarious yet dark way. To me that is what defined his personality…well that and his purple coat along with his clown face.

When I look at this
    I’m thinking the hunger games talk show host or something to shoot on borderlands

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

When I look at this
    I’m thinking the hunger games talk show host or something to shoot on borderlands

Holy shit, you just made my day. Now i really want a Batman X Borderlands animated movie.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.