New Metal Gear

Home Forums Off Topic New Metal Gear

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nat
    Nat
    Participant

So, Konami is starting to try and build a team capable of replicating the awesomeness that is Kojima. They’re currently referring to their next project as “New Metal Gear” (how inventive).

http://news.cheatcc.com/397720

Now, I may be wrong about this, but I don’t think their team will be able to make a game that lives up to what the series has done before. The team may be competent, but they are working under a company that are constantly making horrible decisions. Even if they do create a half decent game, it’ll be missing Kojima’s personal humour and overall obsessive polishing (anyone who has seen how dedicated he is in behind the scenes film from previous Metal Gear games will know what I mean).

What do you guys think?

- There was a signature here... it's gone now...

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

This reminds me of CAPCOM’s way of making the DMC reboot with Ninja Theory. Problem? CAPCOM had too much control in it’s initial development that wouldn’t allow the developer to make a new faithful re-imagining of the DMC brand and thus, they ended with a decent but mediocre executed concept.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

#FuckKonami but this is an interesting development. I had thought they’d washed their hands of the gaming industry all together — did that change under the HUGE backlash since MGS V launched?

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

#FuckKonami but this is an interesting development. I had thought they’d washed their hands of the gaming industry all together — did that change under the HUGE backlash since MGS V launched?

I doubt it.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.