Next Video Podcast

Home Forums We’re Not Dead Yet! Next Video Podcast

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Mental Gentleman Mental Gentleman 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Max, Kenny and I are recording the next CCS Video Podcast this weekend (Feb 14)! The new topic is a rather scandelous affair in the realm of online entertainment, but that’s all we’re at liberty to say for the time being. Additionally a slew of new After Hours are penned and planned for recording as well, one of which involves Max and myself being on very different sides of a debate so expect fireworks.

Feel free to speculate on the various topics but don’t expect answers. We like surprises 😉

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Only thing I’ve heard about recently was concerning Sony Online Entertainment.

Other than that, I have no clue but I cannot wait to see 🙂

After Hours is probably my favorite part about CCS.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

Is the topic for after hours gonna be that Cinemax and LM are gonna get married but their arguing over wether they should have a big or small ceremony?

VelcroRaptor
    VelcroRaptor
    Participant

@Jakob: Don’t be silly! It’s over who wears the wedding dress, of course! I’m sure they’ll invite everyone from the site. 😉

Hmmm, February 14 and a “scandalous affair”? Dare we even try to guess? XD

No, yeah, I’m also thinking it’s about Sony. :V Can’t wait to hear the wonderful chaos that is After Hours!

“We're actors — we're the opposite of people!”
    ― Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead"

Katie_B
    Katie_B
    Participant

Additionally a slew of new After Hours are penned and planned for recording as well, one of which involves Max and myself being on very different sides of a debate so expect fireworks.

Ooooh that sounds awesome, always makes things more interesting when a discussion has opposing opinions. Super excited for that!

PandaWarlock
    PandaWarlock
    Participant

Actually, different opinions are vital for the discussion, and that gave me an idea.
    I don’t need to tell you how divided the population is right now. You’re considered either SJW or GG, despite how slightly your favour might be deviating in one way or the other. People go: “oh, you think GG has a noble goal? Tell me how threats of rape and death are OK in your book”, “GG is bad? Why not call me a mysoginist cis white male while you’re at it?”
    And though I find you guys rather level-headed and at least trying to give objective look at the facts, I can not imagine showing your podcast to a SJW acquaintance and them not going “they’re just biased, I don’t need to listen to that bullshit”.

Which is the problem today. People don’t want to listen, especially if opinions they hear are not same as theirs.
    So how about you guys try to make… I dunno, an experiment video of sorts? One where you play the devil’s advocate. You gather the arguments of the side you don’t really agree with. Not the stupid ones of course, but those that are reasonable and have some value. Like GG having to change to completely cut away from the infamous threat makers. Starting anew. Or that gamers might be biased because they’re in the environment and while they know their way around it, sometimes it’s the look from outside that can bring some enlightenment as well. Or maybe that games might be a symptom of… well, if not mysoginy then at least sexist tones and not the cause, but it doesn’t mean they cannot be the source of change that might spread to other media. I’m sure that a lot more can be brought out if you sit down and think about it.

The point is – apart from having something to show and tell “this is how they talk about your side of the argument. If you like it, you can check what they have to say about the other side as well” – the true test of being ready for serious debate is if you can put yourself in the place of your opponent and actually understand his position. Not only it’s a great exercise for your mind, it’s also a tool to avoid demonizing the opposing team. Too many of people out there argue not with people, but with what they imagine they are. And then it boils down to “I don’t need to listen to you, because you’re an X or Y” or something like that.

Just tossing the ideas.

Gizmo
    Gizmo
    Participant

@Jakob and Velcroraptor: The ship is real….

"Would you rather die a hero, or live long enough to see your self become the villian?"

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

@Jakob and Velcroraptor: The ship is real….

No… just….. no.

Anyways, the audio for the new video podcast has been trimmed up, and we’re well onto visuals. Additionally, The Fuboo’s done some new art to (hopefully) make the editing process a bit quicker.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Awesome! Can’t wait!

On a side note, I haven’t seen any CCS shipping art/fiction despite it being a recurring running gag.

Hopefully, it will stay that way.

Slash pairings of real people (in a serious context) is somewhat…unsettling to say the least.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

I don’t know if you guys might consider this for a video podcast but I do like to see you guys tackle the animation genre like how critics and audiences see it as “some genre for kids” or how Hollywood refuses animation to be taken seriously.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

I don’t know if you guys might consider this for a video podcast but I do like to see you guys tackle the animation genre like how critics and audiences see it as “some genre for kids” or how Hollywood refuses animation to be taken seriously.

I wonder if it doesn’t have a lot to do with what we mentioned in the “Media Scares” CCS Video Podcast (ie: #Messiah 2 video): Anything new is usually quickly adopted by the younger generations, and thus has a really bad rap as being “For Kids”. But In a country with most animated features being directed at children (Dreamworks, Disney, Pixar to a lesser extent) I can only picture the shitstorm if, say, Hellsing Ultimate or Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust were to hit theaters.

“Let’s go watch this neat vampire cartoon, kiddos!”
    *insert decapitations and cursing*
    “How DARE you MAKE my children watch that!” <- (parents trying to obsolve themselves of any responsibility for their own stupidity) But I dunno, it could be something worth talking about. Right now we have to wrap up the latest video podcast, and HOOOBOY it's been a long road trying to find a faster way to get these out to you guys.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Holy shit! I can imagine the kids faces when they see a vampire eating a toddler right in front of them and flip out in panic. Priceless.

Yeah, i will admit, it might be hard to do a topic for a podcast on animation since you guys cover it wonderfully in your “Media Scares” podcast but I think you can go deeper into the subject of animation by heavily researching it’s history that covers pretty much everything about the genre including the decline of 2D animation in the 90’s and the beginning of 2000’s when CG was becoming popular with the crowd and till this day, animation fans blame CG for ruining 2D animation despite that 2D hand drawn animation died by Hollywood because every major studio wanted a piece of Disney’s fame during the Disney Renaissance and shamelessly wasted a lot of talented animators to work on wanna be Disney musical films with Don Bluth suffering the most during the 90’s when all of his abandoned ideas for animated films that he send to Disney before he quitted the studio during the 80’s (Rock A Doodle, A Troll In Central Park, Thumbelina, The Pebble and The Penguin) were taken away from him by different executives, forbid him from making his own film with different writers buthechiring his ideas behind his back and trown to the theaters with barely any marketing. It was a horrible time for 2D animation and this information is only the half of it’s history.

Obviously, it is A LOT of information to cover but it truly needs to be discussed cause I truly want animation to break the boundaries of art and storytelling since 2014, in my opinion, was a really solid year for animation in general but if Hollywood, audiences and even critics refuse to let animation to be taken seriously, it could get worst for the following years to come (kinda like my experience watching Rio 2 with kids crying their tears out for the entire film while yelling “I want to die, mommy! and the parents staring at their IPhones while doing nothing to calm the damn kids down. I wish I was joking on this but really, it happened and now, it will haunt my damn mind forever)

P.S.: Bob Iger, CEO of Disney, has officially forbid smoking in Disney films and his answer for this is “I think it was the right thing to do”. Jesus fuck, talk about hypocrisy right up the ass.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Also, good luck on the next video podcast! Can’t wait to see it!

Katie_B
    Katie_B
    Participant

*bursts in* Whaaaaaat people were talking about animation and I wasn’t involved?!

…I am fixing this now |:V

Anyways, I’m honestly curious about when and /why/ animation started being seen as something targeted at children? The earliest animations weren’t really aimed at a certain age group if I am remembering correctly, hmmm

And one of the BIG reasons the animation industry is fucking up is because the people up top are focusing on MONEY. They keep trying to create ‘franchises’, such as crap like Smurfs and Angry Birds (there is going to be an Angry Birds movie….kill me now). They want something that will sell toys and merchandise and can have a million sequels…talked about this in one of the last Patreon Meet-&-Greets with Max, Ken, and Mel.
    We also discussed how trying to be an independent animator on Youtube or other sites is becoming increasingly difficult, since people don’t understand how long animation takes and expect animators to produce content quickly like regular channels do.

But really, even if a show/movie is absolutely FLAWLESS and amazing and perfect and unique and new, if the company thinks it won’t sell toys or, even worse….that it isn’t reaching the ‘target audience’….then they shut it down.

*sobs forever about Motorcity*

Like seriously that is a special kind of stupid. So, it didn’t reach the audience you expected it to. But it has an AUDIENCE! Hello!? Why not cash in on that? Hell, MLP did to a certain extent by making references to bronies in a commercial/teaser once. There may have been more instances of this but I don’t follow that show so I am not sure. But anyways…

Maybe I can talk about the Motorcity incident on tomorrow’s Meet-&-Greet.
    Quick kiddos, better throw some money at these dorks if you want to hear Auntie Katie’s storytime hour tomorrow. Heheh

Anyways it’s a pretty depressing thing to see, at least in the American animation industry. In France and Korea, shit is booming from what I’ve heard….probably because we outsource all our jobs to them |:V Aahaha…hah.
    I check Cartoon Brew a lot for animation related news tho, it’s a good place for info on this topic: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/

Attachments:
    Katie_B
    Katie_B
    Participant

Oh also shit like this:
    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/animation-is-not-a-genre-oscar-edition-109504.html
    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

People have no idea what animation actually /is/. |:X They are ignorant and don’t care to learn.
    …Probably because they think it is for children.

Here’s a lovely quote from that second link, in regards to someone voting for oscars:
    “I saw all five. I like to sit down with [the young people in her family] and watch them. We all loved Big Hero 6 and there was no discussion, no argument, no nothing. The kids watched that one three times — what does that tell you?”

….it tells me you are an idiot, that’s for damn sure :V At least they bothered to watch all the films tho *shrug*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.