Nintendo has just announced the SNES Classic (or Mini)

Home Forums Off Topic Nintendo has just announced the SNES Classic (or Mini)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by LaughingMan LaughingMan 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

While making only a limited supply and discontinuing the NES classic, Nintendo clearly recognized the massive success the NES Classic had. And now, as I am sure a lot of us had suspected already, Nintendo has finally announced………………

THE SNES CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/26/15873986/snes-classic-edition-price-release-date-list-of-games

Of the games at that will be included with the SNES Classic, there are quite some classics such as Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy III (or VI as it would be called now), Secret of Mana, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Star Fox. However there is one entry in this library that has come across as a pleasant surprise for gamers at there: the never-before-released STAR FOX 2!!! Previously Star Fox 2 had been canned by Nintendo due to corporate politics, with Miyamoto having copied several ideas from STAR FOX 2 into STAR FOX 64, and for many years the only way to play STAR FOX 2 was through emulation. But now it will be released to the public officially (kind of the benefits of piracy if you think about it).
    Granted there is unfortunately no Chrono Trigger included in the library, but looking at the library of games that will be on the SNES Classic (especially Final Fantasy III/VI which I previously played through emulation) I am sold.
    I better try to get one when it comes out in September, though I am hoping Nintendo has learned from the NES Classic and decides to produce a bigger supply of the SNES Classic.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

A fantastic assortment of games, but not complete without “Demon’s Crest”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.