Pop Team Epic

Home Forums Off Topic Pop Team Epic

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MachinizerXS
    MachinizerXS
    Participant

A very divisive anime with many loving it, and some people hating it. It’s probably one of the best anime of the year so far imo. Based on a 4koma series Poptepipic is basically a gag manga that loves to make references, and they bring that into the anime world like none other. The animation is done by the people who do the openings for the JoJo anime as well so that’s also a treat. Plus with every episode you get a wide range of VA’s. I love the show. I’m actually watching both the sub and the dub for it.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

I got into it when they parody Your Name and one episode where the orange haired girl had an external crisis on growing up old and feeble. So far it’s hilarious and having the VA who did Cell from DBZ in here makes the comedy genuinely funny.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

This anime is the equivalent of Charlie Brown and Snoopy just living their lives while mocking everything in it’s path.

MachinizerXS
    MachinizerXS
    Participant

Considering how idol and Isekai anime’s have been taking up the current anime roster recently it was pretty great to see them tear those genre’s to shreds within the first two episodes. I’ve been really into this and the fact they referenced Dick Dastardly and Muttle was flat out funny to me cause it was so unexpected. I love how the VA’s change each episode too and it’s very clever with it’s format. Every episode feels brand new and awesome like you don’t know what to expect. I’m so happy this anime exists. Anime has been truly saved.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

“Anime has been truly saved.”

Pretty sure anime was fine throughout the decades. Sure, we had plenty of duds along the way but we have a lot of great to fantastic stuff too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.