Power Rangers Reboot Trailer

Home Forums Off Topic Power Rangers Reboot Trailer

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  shenyongo 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Go Go Power Rangers: Dark Knight Edition… Sure, whatever floats your boat.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Well that’s different. Where’s the unconciously super racist color designations?

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Well that’s different. Where’s the unconciously super racist color designations?

Gone. We have to make Power Rangers as realistic & grounded as possible.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

*sigh¨Let’s see…

Dark and gritty atmosphere because dark ‘n gritty = OMAIGAZ IS SOOOOOO OF REALISTICS, check.
    Generic and shitty soundtrack which was picked only because it’s on the most listened tracks on iTunes, check.
    Weird Battlefield: Earth-tilted-camera-syndrome, check.
    Trying-to-be-visually-appealing-pixel-cloud-lightish-armor-like-in-every-new-fucking-sci-fi-superhero-movie-outfits, check.

…Yeah, this is gonna suck.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Meanwhile on Facebook…

Attachments:

Luke V
    Participant

It’s cool they have Saban I’m in

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Okay. To be fair, the gay ’90s are dead and gone—and thank fucking God the fashion stayed with it—and the zany shenanigans of MMPR were only amusing through a heavy lens of nostalgia, because 90% of the show was filled with almost zero dramatic stakes in the long run.

The teaser is more concept than trailer. That being said I do think they’re playing the deconstruction angle of the “Five teenagers with ATTITUDE” a little steep. but I don’t expect much in a few minute effects sizzle.

And when did Dutch angles come back?

shenyongo
    Participant

They just leaked the toys of Goldar, thw dinozoids (who each now hav more legs and guns), and the megazoids…

Looks like an Evangelion meshed with RahXephon……

I never planned to see this, but I am curious as to whether or not it will somehow flop considering that whenever I see the trailer in the theater people start laughing when the Power Rangers title shows up at the end of the trailer.

Also, I plan to see the Ghost in the Shell remake, which comes out a week after Power Rangers 2017.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.