Recommended Reading

Home Forums Off Topic Recommended Reading

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by KahunaDrake KahunaDrake 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

I was looking at my book collection and noticed that I have read through all of it. The only books I have yet to finish are Catcher in the Rye, Fenrir, and HP Lovecraft’s “greatest hits”.
    Any books you guys would recommend for me (or anyone else) to read? List away.
    It can be any genre or topic.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Persepolis is a phenomenal read. Go find the book and experience it.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

http://www.amazon.com/Conspiracy-against-Human-Race-Contrivance/dp/0984480277

*drops mic*

**for now**

Seems interesting. Reality is often more fucked up than fiction.

Persepolis is a phenomenal read. Go find the book and experience it.

I saw the movie. Is it faithful to the original?

Feel free to recommend more, guys 🙂

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@Kahuna Drake Actually, the movie was based on the book and yes, it’s pretty faithful like the movie but the film goes in to deeper levels of Marjanes life since the graphic novel is a long memoir of her life in Iran.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I’d suggest “Games People Play”. it’s an interesting book written by psychiatrist Eric Berne, and focuses on social interactions, it’s quite an attractive subject.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

If you like black comedy and graphic novels, I highly recommend “Johnny the Homicidal Maniac” by Jhonen Vasquez.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Katie_B
    Katie_B
    Participant

I’d recommend The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius if you’re into Philosophy, and also The Last Unicorn is a surprisingly deep and interesting story, many people see it as ‘kids stuff’ due to the animated film but it’s pretty awesome.

I’m also a fan of Firebringer and The Sight by David Clemit Davis. Also the Dragonhenge series by Bob Eggleton if you’re into mythology and creation myths like I am ;P It’s full of beautiful illustrations and paintings, gives me an art boner every time.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

an of Firebringer and The Sight by David Clemit Davis

Me too! I haven’t read Firebringer yet though.

Dragonhenge series by Bob Eggleton if you’re into mythology and creation myths like I am ;P It’s full of beautiful illustrations and paintings, gives me an art boner every time.

I like dragons and mythology so I will have to check that out!

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.