Replaying old favorite videogames

Home Forums Off Topic Replaying old favorite videogames

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by 0megablaster 0megablaster 3 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    0megablaster
    0megablaster
    Participant

Recently on my YouTube channel I decided to start playing Bioshock because of some people requesting me to play it and the fact the series was one of my favorites to play on the Ps3. After watching the Netflix’s Castlevania video LaughingMan, Nat, and Fuboo did it made me wonder what favorite games have you guys thought of going back and playing through again.

it has been awhile since I’ve posted anything to the forums (Since I couldn’t sign in for awhile and then life got in the way) I figured why not and start posting in the forums again.

It’s good to be back.

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

For me, I am considering downloading Dolphin (a GameCube AND Wii emulator) so that I can replay Xenoblade Chronicles. As of right now, I am replaying Chrono Trigger, which while I had never finished before I remember quite fondly for the DS (there was a DS port of the SNES game back in 2009).
    I’ve also considered the possibility of someday playing this PS2 game I remember watching my Dad play called Dark Cloud 2 (or Dark Chronicle), which is both an RPG dungeon crawler and a town-building game with time travel mechanics.

0megablaster
    0megablaster
    Participant

If you’re gonna use an emulator I recommend buying a USB Gamecube controller. It feels so much better playing with the right controller. It’s what I did for the Nintendo 64 emulator

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Welcome back 0megablaster 🙂

My all-time favorite go-to for gaming nostalgia is to fire up RetroArch, slap on a good CRT TV filter, and play some Ninja Gaiden (NES), Chrono Trigger (SNES), and Castlevania III (NES). However I’ve been playing some Super Street Fighter 2 and Killer Instinct as of late and have been enjoying it as well.

0megablaster
    0megablaster
    Participant

Thanks LaughingMan

For me I tend to go back to alot of my favorite Nintendo 64 games from when I was a kid like Bomberman Hero, Super Mario 64 and AeroGauge.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

@Nintendo 64: Despite it usually getting a bad rap, I still enjoy Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness quite a lot. The cameras suck and the day/night gimmick is evil, but it’s still fun.

And how could I forget that Demon’s Crest (SNES) goodness????

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Another SNES game that I am considering replaying is Final Fantasy III (or rather Final Fantasy VI). I had beaten it once on my SNES emulator years ago, though I missed a couple of the side quest objectives. And while Final Fantasy IX is still my favorite of the series I think Final Fantasy VI is probably the best entry in the series.

And who could forget that Opera Scene?

0megablaster
    0megablaster
    Participant

I grew up playing alot of the final fantasy games and I remember playing Final Fantasy VI over and over again because I couldn’t save. It was alot of fun to see how far I could go in one sitting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.