Russian Avengers Flick Has Machinegun Toting Grizzly Bear Chewbacca

Home Forums Off Topic Russian Avengers Flick Has Machinegun Toting Grizzly Bear Chewbacca

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Jake_L Jake_L 1 year ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Max we need to talk.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Hello Russian Hulk Bear! (I’m going to hell for this but I don’t care)

Attachments:

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Why does Rasputin have a Cooler-Master PC fan in his chest?

*looks to immediate right*

THE FUCK?!!!!!

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

A thought just occured to me:

If it’s a Russian super hero movie, then are the Americans going to be the Big Bads?
    You know, because the nationality is flipped from what Hollywood normally- … Right?

*sits down*

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

If it’s a Russian super hero movie, then are the Americans going to be the Big Bads?
    You know, because the nationality is flipped from what Hollywood normally- … Right?

*sits down*

Been a while since I’ve seen a Russian villain, now that I think about it–big budget ones, anyway. First one that comes to mind is The Equalizer, but don’t quote me.

Video games one the other hand…

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

*looks to immediate right*

THE FUCK?!!!!!

Hey, if talking trees can be cool, I’ll accept a bear man kicking ass with a machine gun.

*sits down*

Actually, the villains are from Russia only but yeah, it is curious whenever or not other film industries flipped the nationality from what Hollywood does. I remember the original Red Dawn having the Chinese as villains while the remake changed it for North Korea in order to tap in on the market of Chine (which failed miserably until 4 years later, Warcraft came along and made it successful). I’m not expert here but my guess they do love flipping the villains nationality for either political reasons, making them look stereotypical (you can see this in a lot of action movie including the Taken films) or just lazy writing with a few exceptions (the villains in True Lies and Die Hard were pretty great).

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Well, I don’t know what to say about that. The most Russian-vilifying game I can think of is Call of Duty, and even then the last time I remember fighting Russians was in Black Ops II in only one mission.

Now all they need to deliver is a giant green Gorbachev, General Winter and Vladimir Putin. As in the real-life Putin. As in simply put him in the movie and watch as he single-handedly topples down the evil, corrupt le-G20-ion of DOOM.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Always love to put China as villains cause “THEY’RE EWWWWIIIILLLLL!!!”

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/gQHLN8mjrp0?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

Mr. K…that was North Korea.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/gQHLN8mjrp0?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

Yeah but I couldn’t resist making a Spongebob reference. Sorry 😛

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Yeah but I couldn’t resist making a Spongebob reference. Sorry 😛

I must’ve missed that episode.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.