Samurai Jack accused of homophobia, sexism, and cultural appropriation…..

Home Forums Off Topic Samurai Jack accused of homophobia, sexism, and cultural appropriation…..

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by shenyongo shenyongo 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Once again SJW college students try to make an outcry out of everything.

Yale Students Call Out ‘Samurai Jack’ For Sexism And Homophobia

Here are the “concerns” these Yale college students have about Samurai Jack Season 5:
    1). “Jack’s first villain, Scaramouche, with his flamboyant dress and mannerisms which include ending every sentence with “babe,” reads as somewhat tone deaf and homophobic.”
    2). “The portrayal of samurai seems to be rooted in a Wikipedia level understanding of the historical figure and feels appropriative at times.”
    3.) “While this season introduces the strong, nuanced female character of Ashi, women’s bodies are often depicted as hyper-sexual, a fact made uncomfortably clear by the daughters of the Scotsman in the latest episode.”

Ok, this is fucking stupid and here is why:
    1) Scaramouche is supposed to be based off of the singer Sammy Davis Jr in his mannerisms.
    2) Here is an asian lead yet these people are complaining about it… (same people who complained about Ghost in the Shell 2017 not having an asian lead) Also this so called “Wikipedia level of understanding” within the show can also be found with the show’s depictions of Spartans, Greek and Egyptian mythology, and every other culture the shoe makes references to.
    3). These people do realise that technically that particular scene with the Scottman’s daughters was making fun of “hyper-sexualization”.

I have made a lot of posts about how over sensitive college students are, but for God’s sake…….

Tyra1958
    Tyra1958
    Participant

College students seem completely incapable to intelligent thought at this point, ironically enough, which makes me dread my own college experience coming soon… An interesting read is the WSJ’s editoral on Scripp’s College having their RA’s strike, written by a student at the college. Colleges cave because they fear a bad reputation, but frankly given the escalation after the election and the assault of teachers, principals need to start showing students the door.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I think that these college students are the ultimate proof that the education system is broken, not only in the states but in many parts of the globe.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Ailierynn
    Participant

This is particularly weird to me, since one of my jobs is teaching computer science at an uni. And I’ve never come across any particularly politically correct students that would do anything but laugh at “issues” like this. Heck, we always make fun of “objectification” when we study object-oriented programming. I often give an example of a blonde, blue-eyed top model who is also a grad student with certain disciplines, and let the students decide which bits of information about her are relevant in a students database, and which in a model database. Abstraction is king.

That said, being in the backwater of EU has its benefits. And I do read western press, which gets me to the big question: is it really that bad there? So far I was under the impression there were some ultra-leftist, ultra-“progressive” (note the quotation marks) snake nests here and there, far and inbetween, but more and more it begins to look like an infestation of idiotic libtards (is this forum a “safe zone” – will I be banned for calling them liberasts instead?)

I recall some of those people get upset at Bioshock Infinite, a game that is literally a protest against exceptionalism, slavery, inequality and harmful ideologies, because it contained … well, examples of exceptionalism, slavery, inequality and harmful ideologies, duh. And an unkillable female character that you were supposed to to save, who ended up saving you more times than you can count.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Apparently now half of Tumblr is angry at this show because of this moment from the newest episode.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.