Scream The Series Trailer Premiere

Home Forums Off Topic Scream The Series Trailer Premiere

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Since I have the unfortunate task of watching the MTV Abortion Awards, I witness MTV’s new cash-grab: Scream The Series. To summarize the trailer is like watching Wes Craven backstabbing himself while whoring out his trophy wife (Scream franchise) and give that trophy wife to a bunch of cool teens that want to add hip and trendy bullshit to sell the show. The show looks and sounds so bad, it spoils the twist during the final minutes of the trailer. No joke. Honestly, I’m not surprised cause Scream 4 was one of the biggest pieces of shit to literally ruin a good chance at another good Scream movie since Harvey Weinstein butchered Kevin Williamson’s script by hiring Ethen Krueger to re-write the script without Williamson’s permission and with Craven wanting to make a Scream 5, the franchise is just another “beat the dead horse” film franchise that lost his life a long time ago. Well, enjoy and have fun taking a dump on this series.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

This does seem kind of dumb. Weren’t the original and all the sequels after it enough?

The only show people should be watching on MTV is Teen Wolf. It’s honestly the best scripted show they put out there since they stopped giving a shit about music.

Plus, it takes a movie franchise and puts a fresh twist on it.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I agree with Kahuna Drake here. Didn’t people learn with Halloween that when something is going downhill, it’s best to stop before it’s ruined? You know a franchise has got to stop when it’s last 2 movies has negative reviews, the latter worse than the third.

Can’t people come up with new ideas instead of milking out old ones?

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@venatortundra You hace to consider that whenever a first movie ends in a cliffhanger or was a success with executives, it will always get sequels made, which is both a good and bad thing. When you have sequels, it may or may not live to the first films charm but it does give directors and writers to not only add new ideas but to have the ability to expand the mythos while allowing the recurring characters of the first film to evolve and witness the tale with a new perspective. However, whenever a sequel gets rushed to production, it’s an obvious sign that it was made with the intentions to whore out money because it sells and fuck you that’s why mentality that executives refuse to learn from (case in point: The Disney direct to DVD films).

As for why is there no original ideas anymore? Isn’t that the million dollar question but I may have figured it out and at first, you won’t believe it but the more you think about it, the more it makes sense: Audiences and even critics themselves don’t want originality and imagination in the film industry anymore despite that original films will always come every year but through the independent filmmakers instead.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.