Simon Pegg's War on George Takei over Sulu's Sexuality

Home Forums Off Topic Simon Pegg's War on George Takei over Sulu's Sexuality

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by V-Tundra V-Tundra 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

Apparently in the upcoming film Star Trek Beyond, Sulu has been retconned to be gay. While many people are happy to embrace the change, believing to be progressive, however George Takei said he wasn’t happy with it. He said that it was disrespectful to Gene Roddenberry by changing his character gay as a nod to George’s sexuality.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/07/09/gaysulu/

Simon Pegg while no stranger to controversy – especially last year when he announced that current science fiction movies are infantile – said he respectfully disagrees with Takei. Simon totally went SJW on George. So what do you think of Simon Pegg now?

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I honestly don’t give a shit anymore for 3 reasons:

1.-I can’t think of a situation when we can seriously take on the opinion of an SJW, no matter how many good movies he’s been in.
    2.-I can sort of see how this could be offensive to Takei, switching the basics of a character he’s played for decades just to satisfy a need that doesn’t exist.
    3.-Star Trek Beyond is going to be a piece of shit anyways, so I don’t see why I should care.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.