So DC's Big Female Led Movie Is Coming Up, and Already the SJWs Are Screaming

Home Forums Off Topic So DC's Big Female Led Movie Is Coming Up, and Already the SJWs Are Screaming

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by shenyongo shenyongo 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Tyra1958
    Tyra1958
    Participant

So apparently not having armpit hair is proof of being sexist (or that the editors are sexist). Sure, it’s not the fact that, since that’s a place where the sun don’t shine, your skin is slightly lighter (speaking from my perspective, at least). Or that it’s her armpits and it’s her own fucking choice (you’d think liberals would be ready to defend a woman’s right to her body…)

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

So they finally have a female superhero movie and the regressives call it sexist over one trivial detail, meanwhile praise a movie like GHOSTBUSTERS 2016 that has a ‘fat people always want to eat’ stereotype, women that don’t take their occupation seriously, and even cut out lesbian scenes as “progressive”…..

At this point the regressives have already shown that they should not be listened to when it comes to critiquing forms of art. Heck, MARVEL comics has just now realized this after years of trying to appease these people only to get lower and lower comic book sales and cancellation after cancellation in return.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

“SJW’s are mad over Wonder Woman not having armpit hair”

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Considering that [the original] Diana Prince Is somewhere in the area of 6’6″–7″ and about 190 to 200 lbs, is literally built like a goddess, is toned like the cast of 300 after a workout (minus the oil), cleans and jerks wildlife, is dropdead immaculate, has legs that go for DAYS, and is made out of clay (FREAKING CLAY!), I find it just straight weird this is what the Cry Bullies latch onto.

I’m actually looking forward to this one, Gal Gadot was great as Diana. Interesting that they swapped WWII for the Great War. What are the chances of us seeing the horrors of a mustard gasing?

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

I’m actually looking forward to this one, Gal Gadot was great as Diana. Interesting that they swapped WWII for the Great War. What are the chances of us seeing the horrors of a mustard gasing?

Honestly I’m not surprised that they are going for a Great War setting rather than a WWII setting, because, let’s face it, the WWII setting has been done to death. Literally every year we get 3 or 4 WWII movies and every year they get more and more stagnate and predictable. Not to mention that the WWII setting is basically just Oscar bait at this point.
    https://www.google.com/amp/taskandpurpose.com/dear-hollywood-if-we-win-the-next-war-will-you-stop-making-wwii-movies/amp/
    Meanwhile we don’t really see a lot of movies about the Great War, and I believe this will lead to people becoming more interested in the setting. Heck the same thing happened with the Greek mythology setting as people have become bored with the setting, meanwhile Norse mythology is starting to get people’s interest (for instance the tv series VIKINGS, and even the pretentious looking God of War reboot-sequel trading Greek mythology for Norse mythology).
    Therefore I can see why they decided to shift from a WWII setting to a Great War setting.

Tyra1958
    Tyra1958
    Participant

Not only is WWII a bit stale, WWI allows for a radically different approach to the conventional “good guys bad guys” storyline of war. It could be more interesting… but it could just as easily be screwed up by attempts to make everything ‘clear cut’. It’s an opportunity for DC to set this movie apart from other superhero movies, but it’s also a danger for the director trying to boil down the complexity to the point where subtly has been dashed to pieces.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

This week in stupid:

Tyra1958
    Tyra1958
    Participant

On the topic which this thread was started on:

Also, in terms of fat activists… YOU try to do what Wonder Woman does and be a fatass while doing it. It’s called exercising to do impressive shit. It’s reality, not oppression.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Wonder Woman will be having female-only screenings.

Tyra1958
    Tyra1958
    Participant

Just in case anyone was wondering how illegal this could be, it goes allllllllll the way back to the Civil Rights Era.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Popcorn

Sorry, I just love watching the SJW’s cannibalize themselves with their rhetoric.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Well it looks like Wonder Woman will be banned in Lebanon

Tyra1958
    Tyra1958
    Participant

Well… looks like people have the balls to possibly sue. Quite a few of the comments from the article are people claiming that people should simply let it happen, but frankly, it’s a slippery slope. Better to set a precedent now than have everything escalate and make things even worse. Honestly, it’ll be interesting to see how far down the rabbit hole this goes.

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Considering the amount of discussion we’ve had on this topic, should we start talking about the actual movie too?

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Movie’s out for one day and already Salon decides to pull this stunt.

http://www.salon.com/2017/06/02/superhero-films-are-bad-for-democracy/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.