STAR WARS 8 has a Rotten Audience score on RT….

Home Forums Off Topic STAR WARS 8 has a Rotten Audience score on RT….

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by LaughingMan LaughingMan 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

shenyongo
    Participant

Well, I’m at a loss for words……

Luke V
    Participant

Yeah that Audience score is not a mistake its ok but but well “no spoilers” but there was alot of stretching whats believable and it felt like they missed a lore dump somewhere I think the audience score is fair

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

So what? Rotten Tomatoes is a review site where it collects positive & negative reviews and the percentages represents if critics or audiences like the film or not. Getting worked up just because of a 56% audience score on The Last Jedi while ScreenRant freaks out over it is nothing to get up and arms considering it’s just their own fucking opinions. Some people love, some will hate it and others will find it good but not phenomenal. Are we really at this stage gonna crucify someone for not praising something like Last Jedi as a godly masterpiece even when they have good points on why they did’t like the movie?

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

shenyongo
    Participant

I’m not trying to crucify anyone for not liking the movie (I haven’t seen it yet myself- I just know that certain YouTubers I follow were disappointed in the movie). I only used ScreenRant’s tweet because that was how I found out about the Audience score on RT for TLJ.
    I was a little surprised, that’s all

shenyongo
    Participant

Apparently many movie bloggers have been trying to blame the low audience score on “bots and trolls” (just like how “Russian bots influenced the 2016 election”……….)

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

In short: Good.

Slightly longer reply: I hope this trend of rehashing/expanding known IPs crashes and burns. “Hey, you remember how you like xxxxx? We’re going to make 1 movie/year about it!!”

And when you see mundane shit like Dole-brand celery with Star Wars splashed all over it, I hope that the $40 Billion they paid for the IP becomes one of the most costly ventures of all time.

Want to improve something that was shit but had potential (Stephen King’s IT)? Fine, have fun.

Want to jerk-off nostalgia so dry that the prostate implodes and the only fluid left to give is blood? No. Just, no.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.