TotalBiscuit makes Soundcloud chastising Transphobes, still not SJW enough 4 aGG

Home Forums Off Topic TotalBiscuit makes Soundcloud chastising Transphobes, still not SJW enough 4 aGG

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Shinra Kuroki Shinra Kuroki 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Early today, YouTuber TotalBiscuit (TB) made a very moving, rational, and well worded Soundcloud. https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/we-need-to-have-words

The Soundcloud revolves around transphobic remarks targeted at the guest host, LauraKBuzz, for the 89th Co-Optional podscast (August 20, 2015). The comments sections to TB’s videos are set to where only TB sees all of them, but the whole drama seemed to have spilled into other websites such as twitter and reddit. This was the second time LauraKBuzz was on the podcast and she is openly trans. In the Soundcloud, TB employs people to treat trans people like people, no matter how they feel about transsexualism. He openly requests for the small, tiny, minuscule minority of his viewers that were leaving transphobic comments to unsubscribe from him and that he has no desire to have them as viewers. TB also talks a little about GamerGate and SJWs, but nothing too major.

I found the Soundcloud to be perfect as humanly possible, so imagine my surprise when I find notorious anti-GamerGater, Sarah Nyberg (‏@srhbutt), went on a 13 tweet rant about how TB transphobic, even while he was shunning transphobes. The mental gymnastics she displays are worthy of the gold medal in the Oppression Olympics. Rather than acknowledge that TotalBiscuit is a decent human being, Sarah rather accuse him of still being transphobic and accusing all of 2,000,000+ subscribers of also being transphobes. I usually wouldn’t bother writing something like this, especially when I know @srhbutt is a troll and generally unethical person, but TB’s outstanding character is nothing any rational human being can deny if they are moderately aware of his content. Here are the tweets (try not to have an aneurysm from the sheer amount of stupidity while reading them):

Here is a link to the podcast:

Please tell me how hard you faced palm ^-^

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

So the link to the tweets became a picture… click on the picture to see the the tweets preceding the two in the picture. I wasn’t expecting that.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.