Tron 3 is cancelled

Home Forums Off Topic Tron 3 is cancelled

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

https://www.movieweb.com/tron-3-dead-disney/

Despite Tron Legacy making over $400 million dollars at the box office back in 2010, Disney decided to pull the plug off the third sequel, which was supposed to explore more of the main characters and contain a story about what if The Grid can merge with our world with technology being more advanced in our society, and killing off a potential revival of the franchise (I still miss you, Tron Uprising). No word given on why Disney pulled the plug but my money is on the lackluster Tomorrowland film and how is bombing badly at the box-office.

All I can say is this: No Daft Punk soundtrack for Tron 3…

Here’s my response to you, Disney…

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Tron Uprising was the animated series, yes?

Little surprised they pulled this project since people seemed to have good response to Legacy.

And then you have Tomorrowland…

Live-action Disney movies don’t really seem to have that je ne sais quoi that their animated ones have.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Tron Uprising was the animated series, yes?

Little surprised they pulled this project since people seemed to have good response to Legacy.

And then you have Tomorrowland…

Live-action Disney movies don’t really seem to have that je ne sais quoi that their animated ones have.

Yep, Tron Uprising was the animated series one and a good one at that but it was cancelled alongside with Motorcity.

I liked Legacy and sure, it had it’s problems but I liked that it was building The Grid’s lore and world while also having some cool ideas like how similar The Grid can be to society. Also, the Daft Punk soundtrack and the visuals were fucking sweet.

I didn’t watch Tomorrowland but just how bad is the movie is?

I think the problem with Disney when it comes to live-action is that they look at it as just disposable profits instead of trying to come up with an idea that could work for a live-action film. Don’t get me wrong, Disney did have success with live-action in the past years with films like Pirates of the Caribbean, Holes, Cinderella (still better than Alice and OZ live action films), Mary Poppins, Saving Mr. Banks and other good ones that I forgot the names but recently, their live-action films have become so pandering and lazy that I have no idea what the fuck is Disney doing. Maleficent was a gigantic middle finger to the Sleeping Beauty villain by turning her into a “FROZEN” misunderstand villain because we sure as hell can’t stop giving FROZEN blow-jobs now, can’t we? and that Alexander film was just vomit inducing horseshit. Worst is that Disney is hiring wrong people that don’t really fit into some of the projects. The upcoming live-action Beauty and the Beast film looks promising with Alan Menken coming back to compose the songs and music with a decent director like Bill Condon and a cast that might hold promise for the roles including Emma Watson and Ryan Gosling as Belle and Beast but with Dumbo, we have Tim Burton directing the film with Ehran Krueger of Transformers 2, 3 and 4 writing the story… I’m sorry but what is Disney thinking with this? Hell, Ehran Krueger is producing and possibly writing a live-action remake of Secret of NIMH for fuck sakes, why would you give this man a job?!?!? I don’t know, Disney is either losing their shit over constant stupid decisions or have no idea on how to move forward with the company.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.