Underrated Games?

Home Forums Off Topic Underrated Games?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Jakob Morris Jakob Morris 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Just curious but what games do you guys consider to be underrated? Was there a game you played that you think did not get the proper praise/attention it deserved? Please share.

This is my personal one… Sheep Raider (2001). I put Mike Matei’s review up there because I think he explains the game the best. I wish this game had a sequel or at least a remastered version with better graphics. There was a version for the PC but I have not had luck finding it outside of torrents.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

CineMax
    CineMax
    Participant

One of the best point-n-clicks I’ve played. Great story, impressive production values (for an indie game made by just one man), interesting characters, a somewhat unique take on the tried and true gameplay.

I’d recommend it to anyone who’s into adventure games and/or wants a good story. If only this game was thrown praise at like Gone Home was.

“YOUR SISTER IS A LESBIAN!” Shut up.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Demon’s Crest (SNES).
    Hands down, fantastic, deep game with great gameplay, awesome graphics, haunting music, and some really freaky enemies

Katie_B
    Katie_B
    Participant

Okay I totally gotta pimp Biohazard Battle here. I accidentally discovered this game while playing the Sega Genesis Collection on my friend’s Wii, though there it was just labeled ‘Crying’ XD; Why? It’s the Japanese name or something ._.
    But seriously, this game is super addicting and also really fucking challenging. Basically you get to pick from 4 different bird/fish looking bio-ships, and your job is to fly around on various planets and shoot stuff. All the ships get different types of weapons when they pick up the Power Ups, and some of them shoot one kind faster or more accurately then another. So not only do you have to have quick reflexes to beat the levels, but through trial and error you have to figure out which ship is best suited to which level and also what weapon works the best with them.

SHIT’S HARD MAN but damn do I love it. Also it has great music

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

My firend lent me his sega genisis and a bunch of games, One of which was Dungeons and Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun. While the story wasnt on par with the Ultima games (which were usually fairly cerebral) It was still an epic heroic adventure and the music and battle system kicked ass!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.