Valve recieves an "F" from the Better business beurou

Home Forums Off Topic Valve recieves an "F" from the Better business beurou

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by LaughingMan LaughingMan 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant
    VelcroRaptor
    VelcroRaptor
    Participant

Clicked on it because the website name has “Raptor” in it, stayed because of the larger problem. XD

Honestly, it isn’t just Valve that’s been almost nonexistent in regards of customer service (Bethesda is a wonderful example of how they neglect digital and physical merch). I am, however, pleasantly surprised that someone is actively pointing it out in an effort to fix it. Sure, Valve might not take kindly to the BBB’s interference, and they might even outright ignore it if they so choose, but the fact that a group is taking time to bring it to public light as a business and not just a pain in the ass for the gaming community gives me hope that other developers might catch on and step up their game (See what I did there? Horrible pun, that). I can’t say I actually expect much in the way of improvement, though.

Still, it’s SOMETHING, and that’s a good place to start.

“We're actors — we're the opposite of people!”
    ― Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead"

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Odd story, one of my friends actually had his entire account hijacked and he sent Valve (Steam) a long series of emails almost daily for an entire week trying to get his account back.

After a week he still didn’t hear back and he posted a long public post with all of his

They banned him from Steam for “trolling”, and then deleted the public post.

Luckily he had been collecting screenshots of the correspondence between himself and Valve, including the deleted public post, and he made a temporary website to post all of his screenshots. He then sent it to N4G and it made a decent splash.

Finally, nearly two weeks later Steam granted him a “one time only” restoration of his Steam account.

Fucking amazing…….. And I like Steam, but fuck you’d think they would stand by their products instead of sitting on their asses and rolling in the dough.

You can probably still find the N4G post floating around somewhere….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.