Warner Bros. is actually making a Five Nights at Freddy's movie!

Home Forums Off Topic Warner Bros. is actually making a Five Nights at Freddy's movie!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

http://www.movieweb.com/five-nights-freddys-movie-video-game-warner-bros

It seems that the creepy furry animatronics are coming to eat us in the big screen. Warner Bros. is developing the project based on the hit, if not, overrated game series that took Let’s Plays by storm with Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg (Poltergeist reboot) producing the film while no writers or directors have been announced at the time. For me, this could work as a movie since during the podcast about Freddy’s, they do mention that the lore and mythos is very intriguing but it never went with it’s mythos in the games since there’s no reason or motive to go back to the pizzeria (a crappy payment check. Really.) If they hire a writer and director that can nail not only the atmosphere and violent yet haunting look of the games but also improve the narrative, lore and characters, the movie might be a big success and possibly better than the games themselves.

What do you guys think?

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

0megablaster
    Participant

oh boy this is going to be interesting. =D

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Don’t know what to say about this… They made a movie about Battleship and that didn’t end well.

I think I just don’t see how can this be turned into a movie.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Starship Titanic
    Starship Titanic
    Participant

I agree with Vendetta here, I don’t think this is going to go so well. This is based on experience, as most video game adaptations are complete shit (especially if you have Uwe Boll at the helm)

"Lick my blinky diodes, I'm the hero today"
    - Aaron Stack/Machine Man

0megablaster
    Participant

Well i heard Scott is going to work with them so I think it is going to be great a stick with how FNAF should be.
    So let’s pray they won’t mess it up lol

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

And everyone says Hollywood is all about the money and not the art…

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

OK, it really obvious that movie based games always tend to suck but to be fair, we did get a few movies based games that were good like Silent Hill, Prince of Persia and even Wreck-It Ralph!, which did prove that movie based games CAN be good if you put some effort and love into the project. Again, a Five Night’s at Freddy’s film might work to the games advantage if Scott decides to man up and make actual changes to the games narrative even further by expanding the lore and characters of the game to film like give them legit reasons why the main character goes back to the pizzeria or the secrets of the purple man. I don’t know, I just want a Five Nights at Freddy’s movie that can be better than the games themselves (love the mythos, gameplay and jump-scares are boring as fuck) and if it turns out to be another awful movie based game then hope gets thrown off the window.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I also hope that they fills the gaps in the story. Like Cinemax said in the FNAF video, the protagonist of the game needs a reason to go back into the place filled with killer possessed robots. If in the movie they showed the night guard was the father of one of the victims who wants to see what really happened it could fill in that gap, but if they stick to the game, then it won’t make any sense and that could be a bad thing.

When I look at Five Nights at Freddy’s, I see an interesting premise, with an environment that if done right; could be actually creepy without having to resort to cheap jumpscares, but as for the execution of the game itself, I don’t see why people praise it. I just hope the movie gets to tweak those bits falling off.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@venatortundra That is a neat idea. It would make a lot of sense of a character with a dark past to go back to the place. Maybe they should take some inspirations from Silent Hill (relatable protagonists with dark pasts I meant) and add it into the Freddy’s story.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.