What do you like to do during conventions and your best day and experience

Home Forums Off Topic What do you like to do during conventions and your best day and experience

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Hello! Mr.K here! So yeah, I finished Puerto Rico Comic Con 2015… 3 days of fun, excitement and fucked up weirdness. Just what I needed.

It has been a great weekend! I got to meet Jason Momoa and while I never heard of him, he was pretty fun to listen in his Q&A. Plus, Momoa screams like a badass and I hope he kills it with the Aquaman role. Also, I met Troy Baker and his introduction in his Q&A was like hearing an epic speech that sprawls throughout the room and the fans roared to battle and at last, he gave us an hour and a half performance while singing in front of the whole stage. Holy shit, his singing would be perfect for a Disney musical if the project is a good one. Plus, I wasted $465 dollars on delicious goodies:

Movies:

Black Hawk Down 3-Disc Deluxe Edition
    X-Men 1.5 DVD
    E.T. Limited Collector’s Edition Set
    Punch Drunk Love 2-Disc Special Edition
    Memento 2-Disc set
    Unbreakable Vista Series 2-Disc
    Saving Private Ryan 2-Disc set
    Die Hard 2-Disc Collector’s Edition 7
    Minority Report

Anime:

Nobunagun Complete Series ( Limited Edition Box Set)
    Sankarea: Undying Love (Uncut Re-release)

Other stuff includes a replica sword of Renji from Bleach and $5 dollars donations for a childrens hospital. I had a fun weekend and I can’t wait for next year to cosplay as AVGN!

So, do you guys like to go on conventions and if so, what do you like to do and drop some stories to keep this thread alive and well!

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

I am glad you had fun, meet some celebs, and made out with a good stash.

Unfortunately, I suffer from “convention burnout”, where the mere thought of going to an convention makes me want to gag. I’ve had some good times at cons but looking back, a lot of it was just some awful experiences. I was going to post one of my worst experiences on the “horror story” thread but I might post it here later on.

Despite my aversion to cons, I wish to go to the San Diego Comic-Con someday and meet Stan Lee.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

I am glad you had fun, meet some celebs, and made out with a good stash.

Unfortunately, I suffer from “convention burnout”, where the mere thought of going to an convention makes me want to gag. I’ve had some good times at cons but looking back, a lot of it was just some awful experiences. I was going to post one of my worst experiences on the “horror story” thread but I might post it here later on.

Despite my aversion to cons, I wish to go to the San Diego Comic-Con someday and meet Stan Lee.

Thanks, going to conventions is pretty fun and seeing the cosplay is pretty sweet.

It’s understandable. Even when I have fun, there have been some shitty experiences for me when being at cons. For example, I remember in PRCC 2011 where I felt that I was being stalked by someone and it was nerve-wrecking experience.

I will NEVER go to San Diego Comic Con. The lines are a fucking nightmare and some of the “big” events that you must wait for 4 hours aren’t even worth it. Still, I wish you the best of luck!

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Also, here’s the Troy Baker Q&A at PRCC 2015 and I appear at 20:02 behind my friend (I’m the one with the black jacket) and my question is at 20:41.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.