YouTube Strikes Back

Home Forums Off Topic YouTube Strikes Back

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

It seems YouTube is forcing content creators into making family friendly videos in order to not offend the SJW crowd. It’s straight up fascism and the #WTFU has failed completely with many people leaving the cause since all they think it is was “petty shit”.

Could this mean CCS’s future content will be censored for YouTube?

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Not sure what “advertisement friendly” means but this blows.

Not even Amazon’s publishing platforms for independent content makers are this strict.

Based on my “original, story-based” content I have planned (they hit all of these “no-go” zones to some extent) I may have to move to Vimeo or something.

I hope CCS content doesn’t get taken down due to these changes.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Luke V
    Participant

Youtubes been pushing this thing for a while. I was considering a discussion about all the abridged series getting knocked down, but this shit is the end. The response to shut this down will have to be biblical.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

The CCS Crew need to know about it and we have to spread the word to every content creator to fight back against these policies.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

It’s always something, isn’t it? If it ain’t blindly taking down videos on unfairly adopted copyright claims; now we have to take down videos for not being “family-friendly” or “advertising-friendly”.

Good fucking god, it may be a good time for CCS to expand onto other websites (Vimeo/Dailymotion/others) before their videos get taken down.

And good fucking god, I honestly think that YouTube doesn’t give a shit about it’s audience. At all.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Good fucking god, it may be a good time for CCS to expand onto other websites (Vimeo/Dailymotion/others) before their videos get taken down.

Vimeo is a no-go since a friend of mine tried to upload videos there but the copyright strikes are notorious for disregarding the Fair Use. Don’t know much about Daily Motion or the other but if they are better than YT then good luck to them. Also, I am betting the SJW Trilogy videos are gonna get taken down due to the guidelines (which I hope I’m wrong about this)

And good fucking god, I honestly think that YouTube doesn’t give a shit about it’s audience. At all.

Considering Google owns Youtube and it’s now run by easily offended SJW’s, it’s no wonder why they hate their audience in the first place.

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Aww, I’m late to the party. I was going to name this discussion “The YouTube-pocalypse”. I don’t know why Mr. K though to make it a Star Wars reference X-X

Remember, the videos are not being taken down, they’re just not getting any revenue from ads anymore.

Still, the law of supply states that as the price for a good goes down, so does the supply of that good. If you make a large amount of YouTube content worthless, there is going to be a massive drop off of videos made & uploaded to YouTube. YouTube is going to feel this right in their purse strings. I think it’s time for a YouTube ban till they amend these rules & pledge to maintain freedom of speech & expression. Not many content creators are going to like this, cause they’ll lose views & money, but allowing YouTube to become an Orwellian platform is not doing them any favors. It’s up to the consumers to vote with their clicks to make YouTube either repent or burn it the stake. If we let YouTube get away with this, we might as well start practicing our penmanship; cause we’re gonna have to go back to snail mail in order to express any free thought.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

0megablaster
    0megablaster
    Participant

Didn’t they also make it a rule that you can’t swear in videos anymore too? Because if they are going to enforce that next I’m out of a YouTube channel

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Didn’t they also make it a rule that you can’t swear in videos anymore too? Because if they are going to enforce that next I’m out of a YouTube channel

Yes, that is one of the new rules for demonetizing videos, but not for taking them down. Better start washing your mouth out with soap if you want the YouTube monies.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

CineMax
    CineMax
    Participant

So far it doesn’t look like any of our content has been affected.

However, this should be a good wake up call for any and all content creators out there. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. — none of these platforms have your best interests at heart. Sure, they’ll pride themselves on how inclusive they are. “We accept different viewpoints of all shapes and sizes!” But the moment something controversial like anti-SJW content (TL;DR, Sargon, Thunderf00t) ceases to be profitable or puts the website deep into hot water with the regressive left… POOF. You’re gone.

They might not outright delete your videos. ‘Cos that would be seen as blatant favoritism (if not censorship) and people would complain. But by disabling monetization on these kinds of videos you’re slowly but steadily taking away any incentive people might have to create this content in the first place. Yes, not everyone does it for the money (we have SOME creative integrity left after all, heh). But let’s be honest. If criticizing Fembusters would be seen as a violation of YouTube’s community guidelines, then why would LaughingMan and myself waste our time recording, editing, and publishing an audio podcast that points out all of the film’s flaws in excruciating detail? We might as well just write a lengthy forum post and be done with it.

All in all, I would highly advise content creators to strive for independence as much as possible. Get yourself a website where you can back up and display all of your work without the fear of censorship. (Sorta like us!) YouTube has one ace up its sleeve right now. It’s the fact that that it’s the largest video platform there is. You can find almost anything you want there: reviews, music videos, programming tutorials, nursery rhymes, softcore po… err I mean cosplay videos, podcasts, lectures, etc.

Millions (perhaps even billions) of different videos all in one place. It’s convenient. However, if YouTube is going to enforce its new “Advertiser-Friendly” rules with the zeal of a Gestapo officer, more and more content creators will begin to abandon ship. That’s when either of two things happens: 1) Either a competitor springs out of the blue to whisk away all of YouTube’s clientele like a life raft coming to everyone’s rescue; or 2) We go back to the way things were on the Internet just a decade ago. No more unified social media platforms where all sorts of disparate content is lumped together. Instead everyone has a part of ‘Net carved out solely for themselves (remember message boards?) and if people want to follow their favorite E-celebes that’s where they’ll have to go.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Luckily we never really made any money from YouTube anyways 😛 We’re eternally grateful for the Patreon crowd as they’ve helped fund CCS in about a single month what we’ve earned for YEARS on YouTube.

Additionally, we’ve said this multiple times, “Our content is not our job/main source of revenue”. We have jobs, and this is our (very enjoyable) hobby. This isn’t our bread and butter. Even if our videos are demonitized, we’ll certainly survive one way or another 😉

If our content was blocked, we’d find ways to get it to you all. However, is content blocking in the cards? What about all of the vulgarities of Pewdiepie videos??? Is YouTube going to bite everyone BUT their super-stars? If so, very authoritarian of them… >_> YouTube won’t ding those who make THEM money, right?

However, if enough YouTube high-rollers take their business elsewhere then it’ll send a shockwave through the net. Just look at the numerous backlash videos :3 Warms my cold, black little heart.

Regardless, it looks like the battle with the REgressive Left will be an uphill one as long as the powerful are pushing their censorship and subjective morality. It’s all social-engineering and power-plays, all of it.

A book that’s worth reading that will open your eyes regarding the Machiavellian power-plays and motives behind the smiling faces of the SJW courtesans:

http://a.co/geaBZiF

@YouTube is the biggest platform + YTers jumping ship: Well, the Titanic was the biggest ship ever. Size doesn’t mean you’ll stay afloat.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Some wisdom from Sargon regarding YouTube not necessarily censoring, but disincentivizing people reporting their interpretations of the news. Want to support the creators? Support them directly (Patreon, etc):

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.